cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business systems group setting in location master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am currently in the process of trying to set up the integration models for a second R3 system to be connected to one APO system. All of the locations / plants for the first R3 system were created under BSG1. The locations / plants for the second R3 system were created under BSG2.

I have identical product in both R3 systems. They have the same material numbers. The materials have existed in APO for quite some time under BSG1. When I try to send the material numbers from the second R3 system, I get an error that the materials already exist in a different business systems group. I changed the config for the second R3 system to be BSG1 (same as first r3 system). But now I cannot create an integration model for my plants, because they already exist under BSG2.

If I change my locations / plants to BSG1 would that correct my initial error message? Is there a way to change the business system group of a location once a location already exists in APO?

FYIu2026 I tried using /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS to delete the locations and resend them, but /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS doesnu2019t seem to do anything. After I run the program, I still have all of the locations in APO, whether the location was flagged for deletion or not.

Thanks,

Matthew Bruckner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the help. I was able to remove the locations from our SCM system, and I am going to try and resend them under the new business systems group.

Thaanks,

Matthew Bruckner

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew Bruckner

do you set deletion flag to your location master ? If not, please set deletion flag at first, then please delete your location by using /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS .

To set deletion flag to your location, please perform following.

1. Open transaction /n/sapapo/loc3

2. From the menu, select "deletion flag".

(the location should be de-assigned from related data like product, model)

3. delete your location by using /SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS .

And if you have same location or same location product, I recommend you to add some kind of information to your location and product by using CIF user exit.

Please take a look at my comment in following thread.

best regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keiji,

Thank you for the response. I had the location flagged for deletion. I also deleted all of the poducts that were assigned to the location. The one thing that I cannot do is remove the location from the model. When I try to do this, I get the error message "Location products still exist for location PLFR05@KEI20 and model 000." I thought I had deleted all of the products for this location. Is there a report I can run to figure out what the products are, that are preventing me from deleting the location?

Thanks,

Matthew Bruckner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Use ts WUF to get where-used list.

Regards,

Alexander