Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for creating JCO destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a project which uses 10 to 12 BAPIs.What is the best practice

1) Create 10 JCO destinations one for each BAPI .

2) Create one JCO and use it for all BAPIs.

Can some one tell me what is the best practice.What are the advantages and the disadvantages.

Regards,

Rajini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It is always a best practice to put as many RFCs in a single Adaptive RFC Model as possible.

If you do that then commonly used datatypes or structures can be shared only within a single model.

If you create 10 JCO destinations then each model will require a connection to be assigned at runtime.So it is a best practice to put all RFCs in a single model which shares the connection.

If you place all the RFCs into a singel model then Reimporting an existing model will add further RFCs as needed.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

second option is best.

2) Create one JCO and use it for all BAPIs.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It is good to create one JCO destination for all RFC...

Refer this document for Efficient use of JCO connections.

[Efficient use of JCO Connections|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/705f2b2e-e77d-2b10-de8a-95f37f4c7022]

Regards,

Bala Baskaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one JCO and use it for all BAPIs.

Regards,

Krishna Balaji T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be better to use of 1 JCO connection for your scenario.It better to avoid the management of having separate JCO's for each BAPI.

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

option 2nd i.e. creating one JCO for all Bapis is best practice. You can maintain pool size , connection for JCO according to number of users using application.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to go for creating one JCO and use it for all BAPIs. you can Specify Maximum Pool Size and Maximum Connections. while setting up your jco connetion.

Thanks