Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm implementing Structural Auths for a HCM implementation. The regular security is working for the regular users. My requirement was for 5 global managers, and I do need structural auths for them. My question is, in using position based security, do I need to assign all positions a structural auth, or can I just assign the managers one, and have a dummy structural auth? It's kind of unclear in the documenation how to handle users that don't need them? Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gigi

If you only want to use structural security for the Five managers, just assign the structural authorization to those five - (that is to their positions).

All users who are not assigned a to structural profile will get the structural profile assigned to SAP* in OOSB.

You can then restrict the structural access for the rest of the organization by creating at "Dummy" structural profile and assign it to SAP* in OOSB, or if you do not want any additional structural control, leave the SAP* user with the profile ALL, The structural access will then remain unchanged for the rest of your organisation

Regards

Morten Nielsen

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gigi,

Thw basic idea behind indirect provisioning would be to create a role/position and define authorizations based on them. Then you provide all these positions etc to users directly, using various HR transactions.You can get a list of documents for the same topic from the websites, which you need to discuss with some HR consultant as this knd of provisioning involves a lot of HR activities, rather majorly its all about HR indirect provisioning.

Regards,

Hersh.

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gigi

If you only want to use structural security for the Five managers, just assign the structural authorization to those five - (that is to their positions).

All users who are not assigned a to structural profile will get the structural profile assigned to SAP* in OOSB.

You can then restrict the structural access for the rest of the organization by creating at "Dummy" structural profile and assign it to SAP* in OOSB, or if you do not want any additional structural control, leave the SAP* user with the profile ALL, The structural access will then remain unchanged for the rest of your organisation

Regards

Morten Nielsen