SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment reversal with a closed payment lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

We want to reverse a payment that was done in the wrong company code. Usually we can reverse payment documents using FP08. But this mistake was noticed today (monday) but the payment was done last friday.

How can we reverse this document? The transaction FP08 is giving us this message:

-

Reversal of payment document not performed

Message no. FICA_CD043

Diagnosis

Payment document 580000002156 is not reversed since it was posted in the cash journal and the relevant payment lot 227001001 has already been closed.

System Response

The system refuses the reversal.

Procedure

If necessary, post a clearing reset, since the payment document may have already been included in a cash desk closing.

-

What are our options? for us is useless to reset the clearing cause we did not clear anything with this payment actually it entered as a "post on account" and did not clear anything.

How can we open again a payment lot in order to be able to reverse the payment? I have tried using FP05, but I can manage to open the close lot which contains this wrong payment.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sergio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As the message suggest, I think you should try to use FP07. Are you sure there has been a payment on account?

With FP07 you can choose to post the clearing amount to clarification account, this action will make sure that the payment lot is reopened.

Good luck.

Kind regards.

Steve de Klonia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As the message suggest, I think you should try to use FP07. Are you sure there has been a payment on account?

With FP07 you can choose to post the clearing amount to clarification account, this action will make sure that the payment lot is reopened.

Good luck.

Kind regards.

Steve de Klonia

0 Kudos

Hi Steve, thanks for answering but when I use FP07 the system sents the following message:

Document 580000002156 is not a clearing document.

So far what we have done is to repeat the payment in the correct company code. Now the situation is that the student has a double payment one for each company code.

Do you recon I should use fp04 to cancel the payment? I would prefer to reverse the document, but I can not found how to do it.

The original wrong payment could not clear anything due to the fact that all open items belonged to another company code and we do not have inter-company clearing. That is why the payment entered as a Payment on account.

Regards

Sergio

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

So the posting is made via the cash desk? the payment lot from the closed cash desk cannot be re-opened.

I think the only option will be making a correction (with for example manual posting FPE1)

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Steve de Klonia

Edited by: P. MUSL on Dec 18, 2008 4:31 PM