cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File to IDOC & Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have requirement that file to IDOC & Mail parallely.

we already developed the scenario with 2 MM & 2 Operation Mapping scenario is working fine ..

But the problem is once the file is picked up by the sender CC then the file is archived is some folder but how can we process the same file to second mapping..

we are doing RFC lookups in between & Based the response status, if the status YES the Update an IDOC for every change in value,If the status is NO then we have to capture all the invalid records & send it as a mail..

Can we have solution to send the files parallely for 2 different receivers..

Appreciate your help in advance..

Thanks,

vasanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To the extent i understood your requirement.

You want to send IDOC and Mail parallely. Thats possible.!

But the problem is once the file is picked up by the sender CC then the file is archived is some folder but how can we process the same file to second mapping..

Second mapping? You can process in same mapping itself.

If you want to process in separate mapping then BPM is required.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can either use musliple receivers in the receiver determination and thus separate mappings or create 1..N message mapping and use BPM to create 2 messages and send them to 2 systems.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Second mapping? You can process in same mapping itself.

I mail i'm capturing all the Invalid records & these records has to be sent..

Appreciate your help..

Thanks,

kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I think you can capture in single mapping and can send. Using extended RD you can send IDOC as well as email to the receivers.

Did you tried with that?

Moreover. If you want to perform the scenario normally and then wanted to execute mail separately then you need BPM

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls explain me ..

In my scenario , as i have explained u already we are using std mail package to trigger mails.

In Multi mapping 1:N but if we extended option in receiver determination it possible to trigger IDOC & Mail both parallely..

Correct me if i'm wrong..\

Thanks,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can call both in parallel.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope multi mapping wont support IDOC receivers then how ?

Appreciate your help..

Thanks,

kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Multimapping is having a problem with IDOC that i already said in other thread. Multimapping generate structure type Messages -> Messages and under namespace SplitandMerge.

Do one thing. Create two mappings for your source message.

say MT1 ( Source) MT2 (IDOC) MT3 (Mail)

create mapping for MT1 - MT2

MT1- MT3

Then in receiver determination add 2 IM that you will generate from above.

Now use Conditional receiver determination(Standard) to select if you have to sent email or not based on the Xpath. You will be having two receiver.

You will have two ID, 1 SA and 2 RA.

Give it a try

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

I agree with your point, Implemented the same thing it is working fine. But Problem here

As soon as File is picked up , it Identifies the receiver determination & then Interface detemination , Mapping.. here we have to mapping based on our scenario..

here the question come - As soon as the file picked up then it has been archived

1) Which mapping will trigger first either IDoc one or Mail One

2) Here once the file is archived then how will the second mapping will get processed

3) Here we have to pass the same file paralley in single mapping

I hope you can understand the problem here..Please let me know your suggestion on this..

Appreciate your help in advance..

Thanks,

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

File has been picked by PI and then it is passed to IS before archiving. The message will be avaialble at IS and it will pass the data to IDOC as well as Mail adapter in the order it is present with RD.

In other thread you said you need to check a condition. I am assuming you want to check with condition in File Payload and not through IDOC response.

Then the above steps will work..

Thanks

Gaurav