Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Group Doubt

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have the following scenario

Depending on the set of inputs which are Dest12, Dest13, Dest14 we need to select the specific URL's

i.e.

Dest12 www.abc.com

Dest13 www.cde.com

Dest 14 www.def.com

Now in our test envionemnt instead of having different servers we are having just a single server so

Our scenario is as follows:

Dest12 www.abc.com

Dest13 www.abc.com

Dest 14 www.abc.com

But when we try to add the following we are getting the following message

Dest 12 www.abc.com. If I add a new value in the same value mapping group as

Dest13 www.abc.com. It is giving me a message which says

Value mapping already exists

Dest12 | www.abc.com

Dest13 | www.abc.com

Do you want to delete it from the existing group and assign it to the current group instead?

When actually want I require is

Dest12 | www.abc.com

Dest13 | www.abc.com

Since in our TEST environment we may be having same servers for different inputs.

I appreciate your assistance with the issue.

Thanks.

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

As I have replied in your last post, you can convert multiple sender values to one receiver value by using "Value mapping group".

Once your are in the "Edit Value mapping Agencies"

1. put "Dest12" under "Value of <Sender Agency>" and "abc.com " under "Value of <Receiver Agency> ".

2.Right click on "Dest12" and select "Value mapping in All agencies ".

This will open a new window " Value mapping Group"; therein you can provide multiple sender values (Dest13, Dest14....).

Let me know if you need any further help in resolving your value mapping problem.

Thanks,

Pooja

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pooja !! It seems the issue has been resolved. I was able to accurately follow your guidelines and create the appropriate message mapping.

One more question in our Production landscape we will have to reverse back to case where every sender has a seperate URL. How do we configure value mapping group in this case.

Because when I selected

"Edit Value mapping Agencies"

I was prompted to add new group for each

Sender 1 -> URL1 GRP1

Sender 2 -> URL 2 GRP2

Sender 3 -> URL 3 GRP3

Even when i created groups with same name. It created the 4 different groups. Is there a way to resolve this issue and how can we better manage it in Prod Environment. We have 20 different Sender Values do this mean we will ahve 20 different entries for Value mapping Group.

Truly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Kiran

Answers (0)