Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display only for table locks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to set up the table locks in a display only format(other than sm12).

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not logged on, but what you can do is display the objects related to SM12 in SE80 and try to find the/a program which lists the locks, and then do a where-used-list on it to find the related transactions (or create one of your own).

You should check that the program distinguishes between display and change based on authorization object S_ADMI_FCD (if I remember correctly the admin_function is called "DLOC" or similar) or (if possible) submit the program with parameters which force display only, without the user being able to break out of the screen via menu options or task bars.

Take a look and see what you can find in SE80.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius. Did you see my questions I posted about PI authorizations? You're always very helpful and if you have any insight on the other two that would be great!

James

0 Kudos

SM12 calls function ENQUEUE_READ, which in turn calls ENQUE_READ2, which in turn moves down below the ABAP surface into the sea of C when calling the kernel function C_ENQUEUE. Best you can do is probably to build something around the two first functions, if you manage to decode the raw data obtained by the functions. It shouldn't be too difficult; SM12 is fairly straightforward and creating a display program should be feasible.

Unfortunately, even ST05 doesn't yield a result, so it seems (to me at least) that the enqueued entries (locks) reside on the server level, outside of the realm we can reach using SQL...

Regards,

Trond

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant

The authorization object protecting lock entries is S_ENQUE.

Unless you have another reason, use SM12 and enter only values 'DPFC' and 'DPFU' in S_ENQUE. This will allow the user(s) with these authorizations to display lock entries for all users (including themselves) on all clients but will not allow them to delete any locks - even not their own.

Note that authorization only for transaction SM12 (e.g. S_TCODE with value 'SM12') is enough for the user to display their own lock on the current client.

Please see S_ENQUE documentation for the possible values and their meaning.

0 Kudos

Yep, Martin is correct.

It is S_ENQUE (with DPFU/C) and not S_ADMI_FCD with DLOC which is used as control in the program.

As this is a report type transaction, you should use the authority and not rely on a parameter forcing some display mode.

Cheers,

Julius