cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I route non-XML files with NW PI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have NW 7.0 PI installed. I need to implement very simple scenario:

1. There are two folders Source and Target

2. Any file (non-XML, binary for example) comes to the Source folder

3. File needs to be picked up and routed without any modifications to the Target folder

Questions:

1. Can I implement that with NW? I guess I can

2. How do I do that? Is there any example or some description of implementing such a simple scenario (I have a few samples on how to implement complex scenarios that work with XML files, but I don't need that complexity)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible. Create simple file to file scenario. You may provide the filename as ..

Follow this blog

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The blog post is fine, except two following lines:

"Configure sender and receiver communication channels in a Business Service or System, as usual"

"Create Sender and Receiver Agreements as usual"

Though you basically answered my question, I will really appreciate if you can point me on some documentation that will explain briefly (or in details) all routines associated with Integration Directory and corresponding UI for PI 7.0. Since I feel that I lack corresponding knowledge, which is essential in creating even simple implementation. I have couple of documents with examples - like step by step, but they do not explain basics like how to create communication channels, what are adapters and how to configure them, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim

Thats pretty simple !!!!.

No problem you being new bee.

Check the step by step guides given by Experts

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file%252bto%252bjdbc%252bstep%252bby%252bstep

Particularly this can help for your case

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/xmlFile2XMLFile

Hope this helps

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the Sravya's blogs for starters, It has lot of links which will help you to learn various pieces of XI.

Thanks,

Pooja