cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No quotation found even after message "Quotation 20000051 has been saved"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP friends

I am trying to createa quote using the bapi (BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2).

It runs with the following message

233 SALES_HEADER_IN has been processed successfully

233 SALES_ITEM_IN has been processed succesfully

555 The sales document is not yet complete: Edit data

311 Quotation 20000051 has been saved.

However when I goto transaction VA23, the field is automatically populated by '200000051'.

When I click on Search, I get a message

"SD document 20000051 is not in the database or has been archived"

What am I doing wrong? Atleast if I can see this quote, I can go to Edit and look for incomplete log, but unfortunately I can't see the Quote at all.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated

Tks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following;

In VA23, enter the sales document number. Then without hitting enter button, go to menu Environment -> changes.

Check the change history. Even if the document gets deleted, it will appear in the change history.

From your message, it looks like though the system indicated that the quotation has been created, it has not been saved properly in the database table (no proper commit). So you may need to check the BAPI coding also.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Shivram for the response. I tried your suggestion of selecting environment -> Changes and got a message "No Changes Carried out".

Also regarding the bapi, it is a standard bapi and i have read on sdn that lot of people are using it regularly to create quotes.

Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem not yet resolved, but closing to make room for new questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram Prasad,

T. Code: SE11

You may check the Tables: CDHDR (Header-Change Details) & CDPOS (Item-Change Details) for your Sales Doc. No.: 20000051

A similar Problem for your reference, Might be Helpful:

[SD Doc. not in DB or Archieved|]

Best Regards,

Amit

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the change history indicated No changes carried out means, then the Quotation itself is not created. From your earlier message, it looks when the system tried to create the document, there was some fields which are in the incomplete procedure, is not filled.

So can you check the incompletion fields and try to fill?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I had same problem but it is in Sales order creation. System first generates document number then it will save data in database. In my case it was failing due to output determination issue. Check all mandatory data before your run BAPI.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu