cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACK Aleaud messages in IDoc2IDoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on an scenario IDoc2IDoc, with a simple BPM in XI. A sends idocs to B going through XI and a BPM.

Does anybody know if it's possible to make XI route the ACK messages (ALEAUD) from B to A? It works fine if there's no BPM in the middle, but it seems that when there's a BPM XI tries to route from B to the BPM first, as I can see the ACK message (the one associated with the original BPM to B) appearing in the sxmb_moni with the message "Acknowledgement message stopped".

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

Yes when you are using BPM. IDOC will send Ack back to BPM first. Whats the requirement of BPM for you as only for IDOC to IDOC its not required.

We use BPM when the receiving system is not handling IDOC ACK and we want to pass it for any decision making etc.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BPM in the middle is calling a web service to implement some related functionality, it can be seen as a black box, it is just there.

The ACK uses the pipeline CENTRAL_BACK, as it happens in the normal idoc2idoc scenario, but in this case it's trying to route it from B to the BPM, instead of B to A.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use BPM in between while sending idoc to receiver, then the ack will follow the same path through BPM. Could you create your scenario as Idoc - XI - Idoc with SOAP lookup?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the BPM is necessary.

I also want to avoid using IDX_ALEREQUEST and treat the ACK as a normal request message to route it.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that link Prateek, although I must use IDX_ALEREQUEST to implement that solution, it is interesting. I find it hard to believe that I can't configure the return path in XI somehow. I'll give points if no other answer is more helpful.

Edited by: Jorge L on Dec 15, 2008 8:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

XI wont receive ACk as normal message other than using IDX_ALEREQUEST.

As XI understand this ACK and ACK to itself. You need to execute this and set sender port and client to make this as message instead of ACK.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, as I said before I'd like to avoid using IDX_ALEREQUEST, that is, I'd like XI to treat the ack message as such and not as a regular message.

Edited by: Jorge Lopez on Dec 16, 2008 9:40 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos