cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why average response time/dialog step in different task type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i see different values of average response time/dialog step in corresponding task types like dialog,background,rfc and so on in tcode st03n. my question is why there is an average response time corresponding to non-dialog task type like background. i think no dialog step is involved in background jobs for them run without users logging.only task type dialog should have average response time/dialog step. can anybody explain that?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have another question about tcode st03n.

i get an average dialog response time 1.4s in 'workload overview' in task type 'dialog'.

then i choose 'time profile' ,and choose task type 'dialog'.i get the average dialog response time 1.2s in which 'time interval' the steps is the largest.

my question is : i think the lagrest steps is largest, so the corresponding average dialog response time 1.2s should be larger than average dialog response time 1.4s in average time. but it doesn't match the fact.

help me to explain it pls. thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think the lagrest steps is largest, so the corresponding average dialog response time 1.2s should be larger than average dialog response time 1.4s in average time. but it doesn't match the fact.

Answer to above query: In ST03N the workload overview shows the average response time for a particular tasktype(let's take dialog type) and when you drill

down to the time profile, it will give you a break up for time intervals..but i don't think that the largest dialog steps should be the showtopper in the workload over view as that's a average value where as the largest dialog steps is the peak response time..

Let me know incase anything is not clear.

Thank you,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, not clearly yet.hard for me to understand the setence ' i don't think that the largest dialog steps should be the showtopper in the workload over view as that's a average value where as the largest dialog steps is the peak response time.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

ST03N Workload Overview -- Shows the Average Response Time

Time Profile (Hourly Interval) -- Shows Peak response time in high dialog steps..