cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventory count in IM and WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Can anybody please explain me the differences between inventory count as it occurs in IM and WM? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• WM physical inventory is used to balance the stock on the storage bin, if stock differences are identified during the physical inventory in Warehouse Management, they first have to be posted in WM (No accounting document generated), correct the stock on the bins, that is, put away virtually in an interim storage area with storage type 999 (Difference).

• The differences then have to be posted in Inventory Management to correct the storage location stocks, and generate the accounting document at the IM level (I.e. valuation area, normally is plant).

That's so, hope can help you to understand the PI in IM and WM.

Regards

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

That was a very infirmative and quick response. Thanks so much. That helps me understand the difference between them

Thanks

Anusha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transactions in SAP are different.

in MM the focus is at the material, while in WM the focus is at storage bin.

In WM, you cannot just count one material in a bin, you are supposed to count all materials in one bin.

So you usually create inventory documents per bin in WM, while you create inventory documents per (storage location and) material in MM.

Rajen_Patel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert