cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment medium DME format for Cheque Refunds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have cheque Refund process in ISU FICA, cheques are not printed in SAP, instead data will send to printwork bench via SAP PI to print the cheques and distribute to customers, which is handled by 3rd Party.

In order to send the data we may have to develop custom payment medium generate DME file, I wanted to check with you if any one has an idea is there any SAP standard payment medium format or function module which enables less development.

Would really appreciate your inputs and thoughts.

I checked by copying International Payment medium CHECK and activated DME format, however am unsuccessful on put. DME file generated with no Data.

Regards

Prab.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prab,

First and foremost you need to understand what all the info the Third party needs vis-a-vis Chq Refund.

You can send the info in flat file. CHECK is the format provided by SAP for all countries.

If you have tried Chq Refund in simulation mode, I'm afraid you'd not be able to see the Chq in spool request as Chq wud not be generated.

Try in Real mode. You should be able to see the Chq in Spool assming that all your config in place.

Clear?

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Thank you very much for quick reply.

Firstly i wanted to see what information generates DME engines, then we can look forward to enhance payment medium to get additional data or workaround option.

I have executed program on real mode not on simulation mode, when i goto DME administration i could see the entry, however there is no data in the file.

Please let me know what else i need look into it in order generate DME file. Whether SAP standard payment medium ( CHECK) will it support to generate DME file.?

Regards

Prab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prab,

What info you are looking in DME for Check?

Do you have file format for your requirement?

Do you have sample file for your requirement?

Have you mapped your sample file to the file format to ensure that they are in tact?

Do you need to give the info to the bank or customer or both or none?

If it is separate what info you want to provide <to Bank & customers>?

Do you want to generate DME Check info for bank or to some other third party?

May after getting the answers to the above I may be able to throw some light

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Thanks for reply. Please see my replies below.

Reply:First i need see what info i can generates from standard DME file.

Do you have file format for your requirement?

Reply:I do have format of third party.

Reply:Do you mean SAP sample file.?, if yes no.

Have you mapped your sample file to the file format to ensure that they are in tact?

Reply: I do not have SAP sample file to map to the file format, that where i am trying to get sample format of SAP.

Do you need to give the info to the bank or customer or both or none?

Reply: Printworkbench which is handled by 3rd party

If it is separate what info you want to provide <to Bank & customers>?

Reply: There is no file to bank or customer, third party need information in there specific format , moreover we are planning to map in SAP PI.

Do you want to generate DME Check info for bank or to some other third party?

Reply : Thrid party.

Regds

prab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prab,

Reply:First i need see what info i can generates from standard DME file.

What I mean here is the file format of your legacy.Not the one generated in SAP.

Reply:Do you mean SAP sample file.?, if yes no.

Not SAP sample file. It is Third party sample file. You need to map them unto file structure provided by Business to ensure that they are correct.

Reply: I do not have SAP sample file to map to the file format, that where i am trying to get sample format of SAP.

Please look above.

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravakar,

There is no standard DME format for Chq Refunds as far as I know.

In R/3, there is a standard program for Voyager<FCKR>. If you are looking for similar program in ISU, You need to go for customized program.

Also if you want Text file for your Chq Refund, suggest you look into the format of Legacy to understand the format.

If it is similar to BACS Refund file like VOL1, HDR1, HDR2 etc, you can copy the standard FMs

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACS_00

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACWAY_10

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACS_15

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACWAY_20

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACWAY_25

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACS_30

FKK_PAYMEDIUM_BACWAY_40

and tailor suit to your requirements. But again, if this is only a text file for SAP PI, suggest you to look what they are expecting from SAP <like Chq no, amount,date, Customer number>.

In that case you can write a program where it shall use the data base tables DFKKCR*, DFKKOP & FKKVKP.

Coming to FPY1, you may see a DME entry in FDTA for Check but you cannot view it there as it is only a correspondece. Alternatively you can view in Spool.

Hope this is clear and helps.

Rgds

Rajendra