cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding inbound outbound plugs in WDA.. pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have integrated a WDA in portal into one iView. Now on a button click in this WDA1, i have to call other WDA2.. but in the same Tab of portal... not in different tab or not as a diff iView( its in same tab).

Now I am using exit plug and resume plugs for this..using construct_url method.

But the navigation from WDA1 to WDA2 is working..

but when i click directly the on the TAB.. its giving popup saying security risk.. continue yes or no.

Also i checked... this http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04S/helpdata/EN/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/content.htm

which says, suspend and resume plugs doenst work in portal..

can someone tell me how to call WDA1 from and to WDA2... in portal within same TAB???

kindly help me out...

Niraja

Edited by: Niraja on Dec 15, 2008 7:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

I suggest you create a separate view say WD2_View in WD1, with just a view container to embed interface view of WD2.

Based on your needs show WD2_View . Next in WD2, delare a event in the interface controller, say E_BACK. Since you are using WD2 in WD1, this event would be available in WD1.

Create a event handler in WD1 in WD2_View. Now here in the event handler, fire the outbound plug to display the required view in WD1.

On click of a button on WD2, fire the event E_BACK. This event would be handled in WD1 and would display the required view.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Chitrali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraja,

Since you want to use both the components in the same iView, you need to have one WebDynpro application (using two WD components).

You can achieve the same using Component Usage, Just as you re-use ALV or select options components provided by SAP in your custom components.

Expose the methods/views/context to be used in WDA1 to the interface of WDA2. Delcare component usage of WDA2 in WDA1. Then add the component/interface controller of WDA2 at required places in WDA1 (like window, controller).

but when i click directly the on the TAB.. its giving popup saying security risk.. continue yes or no.

You get this message since you are trying to invoke a WD component using a URL directly (and not via application and hence without authentication check).

Thanks.

Chitrali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

I did exactly the same.. now from WD1 i can call WD2.. i am just hiding and unhiding the view container for WD2, when i need WD1 and hiding UI elements of WD1 when i need WD2.

But in WD2, i have a button, if i click this i need to go to WD1..

for this i used PCUI navigate obsolete, and calling default WD1's path.

But somehow it is staying in the same WD2.. can u tell me pls whwat to do here..

also if i directly hit my TAB.. still its the same in WD2..

plsssssssssssssssssss help

Niraja