cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project mainaitance in Solution Manger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to solution manager. I have creted project( Upgrade ) using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and i have specfied scope, mentioned team and assigned road map even milestones also. But i am unable to proceed further. Below are the some of the doubts i have . Please help me....

1. time lines to work

2. seggregation of work to indiual consultants... and tracking them.

3. and how to define a phase with in a phase ( i mean for example realization is one phase and it will have many sub phases.. )

4. maintaing documents

i have lot of doubts going around in my mind. Using MPP we can do lot of things. But i am strucked with solution manager. But my new project deals with solution manager so i have to go for it.

Can you people please let me know there is any transaction to do total project mainatianance in solution manager.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Balu...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balu,

Project Administration is supported by Roadmap(RMMIAN, RMDEF, RMAUTH) and Blueprint(SOLAR01, SOLAR02).

1. You can maintain the project(overall) planned data and actual data(start date, end date) in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN under administration tab.

You can also maintain status(Open, In Process, Complete) and person responsible for each Phase, Delivery Group, Deliverables, Methods, Activities and Tasks of roadmap which you would have selected for the project. Use transaction code: RMMAIN. Also you can attach documents.

2. You can add or delete or rename a Phase, Delivery Group, Deliverables, Methods, Activities and Tasks of the roadmap of your project. Use transaction code: RMAUTH

3. You can copy a SAP delivered roadmap and customize for your project requirement. Use transaction code: RMDEF.

4. You can maintain status(Open, In Process, Complete), person responsible and planned data, actual data(Start date, End date) to each business scenario, process and process step level. Also you can maintan documents. Use transaction Code: SOLAR01, SOLAR02.

5. For project reporting use transaction code: SOLAR_EVAL.

Please read this SAP tutor "Solution Manager in an Implementation Project" which explains in detail(step by step).

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000687262006E.sim

Also read the following blogs which explains in step by step:

SAP Solution Manager - Roadmaps Introduction (Part I)

SAP Solution Manager 4.0 - Project Preparation Phase (Part II)

SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Project Management - Business Blueprint Phase (Part III)

Let me know if you need any further detail.

Regards,

Sanjai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjai,

Thanks for your valuable answer..

I have gone through links ..

I have some more doubts.

1. How to maintain time lines to sub phases?

2. How to assign consultant to indiudual phases?

Thanks in advance......

Balu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balu,

1. You can maintain status/timeline at any level. TCode: RMMAIN. Select the phase on the leftside, Under the tab "Status/Notices" on the rightside; select the appropriate status and enter the timeline in text field like "Start Date: 10/12/2008, End Date: 25/12/2008".

2. Under the next tab "Project Team Member"; add the person responsible for the phase or sub phase.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Regards,

Sanjai

Answers (0)