cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM for DEBMDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very new to BPM and could use some assistance. My ultimate goal is to receive DEBMDM and then split ADRMAS and DEBMAS out. I then need to send DEBMAS first to ECC. Once that is success then i need to send ADRMAS. In order to start setting this up what type of Message Interfaces and Interface Mappings am i going to need?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. First receive step to receive DEBMDM from MDM system to XI.

2. Transform step to split DEBMDM to ADRMAS and DEBMAS.

3. Send step to send DEBMAS to receiver. Ack is received from receiver in ALEAUD format.

4. Check for ALEAUD data for success, if it is then use Send step again to send ADRMAS.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok in the transformation step how do i split DEBMDM into DEBMAS and ADRMAS? When i put the transformation step in i can only choose one interface mapping. Is there a way i am supposed to get DEBMAS and ADRMAS in the same interface mapping?

Edited by: Derrick Duncan on Dec 15, 2008 11:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick

The mapping you have created need to be multi mapping for selecting DEBMAS and ADRMAS. In message mapping go to the messages tab and select two targets DEBMAS and ADRMAS. Make the changes to interface mapping also and use that in transformation step.

Another way is to use two transformation steps for this. Here you will avoid problem with namespace and target structure change ( multimapping will be messages -> messages1 type of structure)

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that is very helpful. One other question that has come up. I have an external message of DEBMDM created that i use for my outboud message. It has some custom fields in it now but still has the same structure as the DEBMDM IDoc. I have a mapping between this and DEBMAS and it works fine. Now that i have created this multi mapping when i go to test with a test file the DEBMDM on the left hand side turns red.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick

Red will appear for mandatory fields.As you said this is external message it need not to be mandatory for your system. You can edit this external definition and make the occurance as 0..1 this will turn the Red off

But mostly we import the metadata from source and target systems to avoid such issues.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree but here when i first click on the test tap on the left hand side it says messages and right hand side is blank. I choose my test xml file and left hand side turns to DEBMDM06 and is all red. Every single field is red. when i go ahead and start the test it come back stating that compilation of ADRMAS02 successful but cannot produce target element ns0:messages/ns0:Message1/DEBMAS06EX/IDOC.