cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery - incompletion - delivery group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a problem with the incompletion protocol in the delivery.

I have a delivery group of 3 materials. There is the main material (BOM) and 2 components.

The main material is invoice relevant and the 2 components are delivery relevant.

Within the incompletion the check is only done for the 2 components. But i need it also for the main material.

Does incompletion check ignores higer level items??

Many thanks in advance

Georg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Guess the Item Category Group of that BOM material in Material Master Record is LUMF. It allows 'Sub Item Level Processing' and hence the sub items are relevant for processing. Only the sub items are relvant for delivery and the main item is not relevant for delivery and this is the reason for your issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thanks for your answer.

We have a Item Category Group wich starts with Z.

How can I find out if our Z-variant allows 'Sub Item Level Processing' .

I guess that you are right with the 'Sub Item Level Processing', but as it is a z-variant i want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Georg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

BOM can be configured in two says...

1. Main Item Level Processing...where the Item Category group is ERLA and the item categories are TAQ(main item) and TAE (sub items).

2. Sub Item Level Processing...where the Item Category group is LUMF and the item categories are TAP(main item) and TAN (sub items)

Please check the item categories determined in your sales order both for the main item and the sub items. If you are not using the standard item categories mentioned above, notedown the item categories determined in the sales order and goto VOV7 and compare the configuration of these item categories with that of the standard mentioned above.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Shiva,

I have already compared the item categories - but found nothing special.

The item category customizing for incompletion is also allright.

Maybe I have to mention that the imcompletion in orders is not that important for us.

Important is the incompletion for the delivery - so that we don't ship incomplete material from the material master point of view.

I know that on delivery position you can customize the incompletion scheme (OVA2) and it is maintained for the main and the sub item category.

But within the delivery only the sub items are checked.

My question is, is this a special setting in the item category, if yes which and is it possible to also check the main item.

Thanks

Edited by: Georg Fuchs on Dec 16, 2008 8:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi george,

If u have a material BOM with item level pricing even if u dont do incompletion procedure for header level(no pricing and item level TAQ) ithe process is complete.

If u have header level pricing (ERLA and TAP) even if dont do item level check also process is complete.

Hope u understand logic.

Correct me if iam wrong.

thanks

reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi REDDYY,

thank you for your answer.

So that means, that with a BOM material, only the sub items are checked. Header level is never checked. No matter which pricing is choosen.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I want to find out if header material of a BOM can also be checked in the incompletion check, or just the sub items. It seems not, or.

cheers

Georg

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO (transaction code VOV7), for your higher level item category (you can find from sales order), check the field "Incompletion procedure" for any values assigned or not. If nothing is assigned, then assign the incompletion procedure.

Regards,