cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I need to deploy an application in http:\\localhost:50000?

former_member184029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have placed several post previously but this it's first about installation.

Let me explain, I need to deploy an application in my PC or anything else I test it, but the PC doesn't have a localhost or if it has it I do not know it.

The question is : <b>What I need to have installed or I must install to deploy applications in localhost or if I need to review something?</b>

<i>Microsoft Windows XP Profesional

Service Pack 2

1 GB (RAM)

HD 60

NWDS SP15</i>

In this path <a href="C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00">C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00</a> the PC contains:

1.- data (Folder)

2.- j2ee (Folder)

3.- SDM (Folder)

4.- work (Folder)

5.- exe (Folder)

6.- log (Folder)

7.- sec (Folder)

8.- UNINSTSAP (SAP Server Uninstall Wizard)

Thanks in advance!!!

Tokio Franco Chang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tokio,

Let me try to straighten things out a bit, because a looks like you are going down the wrong path here.

1. Your machine has 1 GB of RAM, which probably just enough to run the Netweaver Developer Studio. It is definately not enough to run a full scale J2EE. Even if you only run the NWDS and the Developer Workplace (a scaled down version of the J2EE) you will need 2 GB. I have tried it in a 1GB machine and performance is unacceptable.

2. The fact that you have a ..\usr\sap\J2E\JC00 folder structure on you local machine does not in any way prove that a "server" exists (despite claims to the contrary). Even if a server is running in this directory structure, the directory names do not reveal if this is a Java Development Infrastructure, a Portal, or a Web Applications environment, to name just a few.

3. You machine does not meet the minimum requirements for a full Portal installation (See SAP Portal Installation Guide). You will need 2 GB of RAM, especially since it looks like that you want to run NWDS simultaneously.

4. Assuming that you increase your RAM and have a Portal installed, you will need to do some configuration to utilize this portal. After all, you want to create and test Portal applications. Your portal will probably have to point to some kind of a backend system to retrieve data from and this would need to be configured. You may be able to get away witout a backend system if the portal is only used for Collaboration and/or Content Management, but even then some config work needs to done.

It is not a trivial process to set this all up. However, an experienced Netweaver Basis person should be able to do this in a matter of 4-6 hours (depending on the speed and resources of the hardware).

My advice to you is to first determine your needs, for example, do you want to develop Portal Applications, or do you want to develop Internet Sales Application, or do you want learn Portal or Java programming, et cetera.

Based upon that, an experienced Netweaver Basis peron can tell you wich components you will need, the minimum hardware requirements, and perhaps provide you with installation guidance.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank and Tokio,

Just want to point out the min. requirements:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/77317c8d-0701-0010-f093-ed3...

Full Java Edition System Requirements:

-Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3); Windows -XP Professional (Service Pack 1) or Windows Server 2003

-NTFS-File systems

-Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

-<b>At least 1 GB RAM</b>, 2 GB are recommended

-Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

-8 GB hard disc space recommended

-High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

I've installed a the Full Edition of the Sneak Preview on my own laptop with 1GB and I run NWDS at the same time. Ok, it might be a bit slow time to time but at least there's a local sandbox for development.

Of course if you can get 1GB more RAM then it's even better but just want to point out that you can do the installation with min. requirements and it still works.

Now just go and download the files

Oh, nnd here's some quidance on installation of the sneak preview:

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/01/a-visual-installation-guide-on-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-java-edition

Best regards,

Edit: Tokio, did you manage to install the Sneak Preview?

Message was edited by: Ville Leivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To deploy the application, you need a server, which I can see from the existence of usr folder that it does exist in your system.If it is an portal application that has been created, then you have to have the portal installed above your server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like Uma pointed out you must install a portal to your pc if you want to test your portal applications on it.

You can download <i>Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Full Java Edition with Enterprise Portal</i> from:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads

The installation of the portal is quite straight forward and your pc seems to meet the min. requirements.

After you got portal up and running on your pc you can deploy your applications to your portal (localhost).

Regards,

former_member184029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umadevi & Ville

Thanks a lot for your answers!!!

<b>Umadevi</b> you tell that you can see a server into usr folder that exits in my system, what can I do to test this server?

<b>Ville</b> you said that I can download: "<i>Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Full Java Edition with Enterprise Portal</i>" Questions:

1.- Does it create some conflict with NWDS installed? or

2.- Must I uninstall NWDS first and then install Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 Full Java Edition with Enterprise Portal?

Regards,

Tokio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tokio,

The <i>Sneak Preview</i> comes with NWDS but you don't have to install it if you don't want to.

So the answer is that you can use your existing NWDS.

Regards,

former_member184029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ville

Thanks for your answer, let me see If I finally understand ... Using my NWDS I can Install the <i>Sneak Preview</i> and that's all!!!. After this I have to configure something for using the portal? Sorry remmember I have never made the installation before:(

Regards,

Tokio