cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES Installation - Instance RAM?

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've sucessfully installed IDES ERP 2004 on my test server as a CI/DB instance and it is up and running. The problem I have is that at least for now, this machine has limited memory. I know I will have to upgrade it but it will be a litle later. I thought that with a little bit of paging I should be able to run it with 1.5gb. Yes I still can, but my memory consumption it to the roof...

Here is the problem, in the installation process (SAPINST), I was asked wbout intance memory. Since I have phisically, I allocated it all to the instance memory (SAP was recommending 400MB). I think that is what is sending my memory allocation to the roof. When the AS is up an running with one user logged, I reach 3.85 Gb.

1 - How can I change it back to a more reasonable limit?

2 - How do I do it? RZ10? which parameters?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Leonardo De Araujo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

Go to RZ10 and edit your Instance profile (in extented maintenance). Assuming you run Windows NT, parameter PHYS_MEMSIZE sets the memory for SAP in an Windows environment. I would set it to 1024MB in your case. Also the total number of work processes should not be more than 12. (You can set this in basic maintenance).

OSS note 88416 explains Zero administration memory management for Windows.

Christian

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! thx

Answers (0)