cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP sender adapter wait sometime before processing a message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want my FTP sender adapter to wait sometime before processing a message. This is needed in my case since the receiver of the message cannot consume message in, say two seconds, so I would like to configure a "time to wait before processing message" in PI since PI processes all of the files in folder without waiting another poll interval time if more than one exist.

Is this possible in PI 7.0 sp16?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to go with BPM, with a simple wait step before sending it to receiver. Or you can schedule the adapter in such a way to process the messages. It is possible with PI 7.0 SP 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes BPM is an option which I do not prefer. Is there any simple configuration I missed. It is also ok if I could change the way PI processes if there are more than one file in the folder. That is something like just process one message and wait fro poll time...

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tarik,

i think this is possible through EXCLUSION MASK. Give the poll interval say 2 min. and try the solution N1 in the blog no 4463.

try if it works.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Sudhir, it seemed what I am exactly looking for at first glance but I could not make it work. The only difference is I am using FTP not NFS... Thanks anyway.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i am not wrong,this works in FTP as well.check again.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I enter <NOTHING> in Source directory field

The system cannot find the file specified. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor

is returned (I provided the correct Directory and file name mask info in the Advanced Selection) if I enter right directory info in Source directory field then it process like the previous case ie takes files together.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, forgot to tell you.

you need to use correct directory path and use NOTHING in filename.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried that,

PI picks up the files all together in only one second. (my poll interval is 10 secs)

By the way my File Name mask is Conf*.xml...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tarik

BPM is the solution for this problem. If you are not willing to use BPM other solutions are Adapter module and Scripts

You can write adapter module and use the threads mechanism. Thread.sleep can help you achieve this but you need to set this properly.

Another method is Unix script. Let your actual directory be Dir1 and poll PI to Dir2. Use the script to write files from Dir1 to Dir2 one by one and with time gap. This will work for you.

If you have PI system on Windows i prefer to go with Adapter module.

Thanks

Gaurav

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should work according to blog. can you try the same scenario with QOS -EOIO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You summarized the case.. After giving one more chance to the blog I will go after one of the options you suggested..

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In such cases,

You can use:

either BPM

or

Just increse the poll Interval in the adapter parameters (i.e. time duration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above suggestions,BPM is the only option for you.You can hold the messages for sometime,manuplate the data,Wait for approval...and so on..

Thanks

Prabhakar