cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing more than one logical component in SMSY Current System Assignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with managing logical components in TA SMSY in my Solution Manager System, in the section "System Groups and logical Components". I want to maintain more than one logical System e. g. from Type Application Server ABAP --> SAP NETWEAVER APPLICATION SERV.

That means e. g. i want to maintain 2 or more Demo Systems from different Servers or Instances of the same Product Version in the same logical Component .

What I want to know is, is there a way to display these logical components in tne "Current System Assignments" - View in that form

Logical Component is e.g. : SAP NETWEAVER APPLICATION SERV

product/main instance is : SAP NETWEAVER [Application Server ABAP]

Product Version | Development System | Demo System | Training System | Production System | ...

-

|--

|
|

|
--

|

SAP NW 7.0 | | ZB1: 100 | | |

-

|--

|
|

|
--

|

SAP NW 7.0 | | ZB2: 800 | | | ...

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Greets C. Peifer

Edited by: Carsten Peifer on Dec 15, 2008 4:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed you can customize the system roles, as long as you don't mind having categories like "Demo 1", and "Demo 2". Click the buton labeled "System Roles" (and an arrow icon) while in change mode. A dialog appears that is titled "Change System Role Assignment". If you click its button labeled "System Roles" (and a pencil icon), you can also hide roles you don't need, create a transport, and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer,

but i have to say, that this is not exactly what i've been lookin for.

What I need in my System Landscape is to have each demosystem as a logical Component from the same type (e.g. SAP NETWEAVER APPLICATION SERVER ABAP).

So that in Change Management in a Maintenance Optimizer Transaction i can choose between each demo system in my System Landscape (from the type SAP Netweaver Application Server ABAP) that i will maintain in Maintenance Optimizer, e.g. download a new SP Stack.

My Intention is to create new logical components from type SAP NETWEAVER APPLICATION SERVER ABAP in my Namespace e.g. ZSAPNW01, ZSAPNW02, ... and to maintain the types of systems (Demo, Development, Training etc ...) for each logical component.

Is this the only Possibility?

Or do i can also display my logical components the way i descriped beyond?

>

Product Version | Development System | Demo System | Training System | Production System | ...

-

|--

|

|

|
--

|

SAP NW 7.0 | | ZB1: 100 | | |

-

|--

|
|