Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create billing for STO delivery?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Config is maintained as req'd.

STO doc type:UB

Del doc type:NL- default order type:DL ( which has del rel billing-F2)

Tried with both F2/F8 by changing in Order type:DL in VOV8 & re-set the std

Del item cat:NLN ( billing rel : D, Pricing:X)

Copy control exists: between NL- F8

Goods issue is done & stock reduced from issuing plant - updated in receiving plant as am using "one step" procedure.

Still system is not allowing to generate neither pro-forma invoice nor F2 invoice.

I have to generate invoice for excise purpose.

Looking for inputs from the members,

Note: Have read previous threads forSTO with billing,but others are able to

generate billing,but couldnt make JEX.

those who posts the threads & got the solution from the members didnot update the solution

Just closed the thread by stating "thankx got the solution/issue resolved"-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In VTFL between del type NL and billing type F8 under this header make sure copying reqirements is maintained as 009

This will allow you create proforma invoice

I think you must be getting the error of item not relevent for billing it is because you have maintained 010 there

Change it 009

Hope in VOV7 the billing relevence is maintained as D

I think this should solve your problem

Regards

raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks,

am able to create by changing the copying req from 010 - 009.

but what is the purpose by chaning this routine?

in sto- condition value is copied from the material master. but when creating the pro-forma with NL delivery- Value is not flowing into billing. net value in billing shows -ZERO.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried it is working fine for me

In STO we are creating the receiving plant as a customer in the sales area of the supplying plant

Hence we are able to determine the shipping data

Here the important key reqd is shipping conditions so that the system determines the shipping pt so that STO delivery can happen

What we have defined additionally is CPP for this receiving plant and DPP for billing type F8 and maintained pricing procedure in OVKK so that the system picks up pricing in billing

As this plant is already a customer in sales area we could do that

So we have values flowing in proforma

Since it doesnt update accounting doc the process works out fine for us

You can also do the same as the values can flow in F8

The key 009 only allows you create proforma and not 010 Why so the details are in the information of that routine itself

I am little bit scared to answer you because sometimes your cross questioning is too much of my capacity?

Regards

Raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for ur reply,

I didnt mean to scare you.

Whatever my doubts i put it in this thread. I feel that no one is perfect. Everyday is a learnig experience. all of us trying to gain/share knowledge.

But at the same time, we cant blindly go with the solution, even it works fine. Whatever we know,i feel we should have reasons for it. what we are doing? why we are using ?

Rite?

I will tell you one scenario:-

In Cash sales/ Rush order- delivery will automatically generate, as everyone knows its happening because shipping condition - "Immediately" maintained in sales doc type.

But its not complete solution,

because if someone copy ship condition -10 & rename it as ZZ-immediately. will the delivery generate automatically? No, it wont.

because this ship condition -10 is hardcoded in the program,so that delivery will generate whenever we save those doc type transaction.

similarly, I ask the same question, to clarify my doubt.

Appreciate your timely reply.

Thanks to YOU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the case of Cash Sales / Rush Order, Delivery is created immediately, as the field 'Immediate delivery' is checked in Sales Order Type in Transaction Code: VOV8. The same can be verified in Sales Order Type BV (Cash Sales) and SO (Rush Order) against OR (Standard order).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In VOV8 in the shipping tab a immediate delivery switch is there

That actually controls delivery in CS and RO

That only makes the delivery to be created as soon as the order is saves not thro shipping conditions as understood by you

Of course the shipping conditions has to be in place for shipping pt determination so that delivery is without error

But this immediate delivey switch is the perfect and righe answer for your qn

The sacring thing i mentioned is about a thread on whether the transit time is included in the lead time and confirm date etc about 1 month back

Even i explained full and very descriptive i couldnt make you understand what i wanted and couldnt get the rewards that i deserved for that thread from you

So with you i need to be extra careful in whatever i am suggesting

It is not a scare but a challange

Regards

Raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

Ok, will continue this discussion. Only with the clear discussion our understandings/assumptions will be clarified perfectly.

First: - Shipping conditions,

are you sure, only "shipping conditions- 10 ( immediate delivery - X) controls the automatic delivery generation in case of "Cash sales/ Rush order"-

what my understanding is,

immediate delivery - X, is triggered delivery creation, but this control/setting is somewhere in some programm it is hard coded.

Only with this VOV8-screen, i dont think automatic delivery creation is happening- ( though its a pre-condtion to activate that code to create immediate delivery), i dont know , am thinking too deep.

Second:-

CDD/MAD issue in my old thread is still pending- as i didnt get desired result from the posts. you can view that post once again(just for info), i have posted detailed explanation ( as someone asked )

[;

"Can we create delivery with MAD/GI date- automatically in background"?

even i didnt get actual expected reply- i have recognized their contribution interms of time n skill. awarded accordingly, which shows concern towards my fellow mates- who is trying to help me- I appreciate all of them.

Because I can understand their time & intention to contribute in this forum-

I feel, this kind of sharing info- is very much helpful to all of us n others too.

( dont take it personally, if my posts hurt someone somewhere ,sometime- which is not my intention,i have respect towards all of mates)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Delivery creation upon saving the order is controlled by IMMDIATE DELIVERY switch in VOV8

If you want to check for normal standard order OR you give the control here as A in the shipping tab of VOV8 and try. it will behave exactly like cash sale

Shipping condition is the control parameter for determining shipping pt

If you have activated immmediate delivery switch in VOV8 and shipping condition is not proper in your CMR or if you dont maintain your OVL2 settings properly then upon saving the order you will get error or on saving the order along with the order no in status bar you will get the message as delivery not created

You can test this

So 200 % it is confirm that IMMDIATE DELIVERY switch in VOV8 controls Delivery creation upon saving the order

The other issue i forgot entirely and you can open a new thread so that other elite members like Mr Lakshmipathi, Mr Amit yadav,Mr Murali can also put their views

This you can test it by giving different shipping conditions other than 10 and activating del switch and try whether system is creating delivery upon saving the order

It will

Regards

Raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

I never denied, that "Immediate delivery" indicator generates delivery.

I am thinking, this is not the "only" one control , to create delivery upon saving the document.

If i check the indicator here as "X"- how the system understands to create delivery? is my doubt.I read the description of X- immediate delivery.

But it doesnt mean that system understands the "Description" whatever we give & act accordingly.

isnt it?

thats why am trying to convey that, this indicator (TVAK_LISOF) has been used in either SAPMV45A or MV45AFZZ. or somewhere?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sir

Copy controls in SAP are controlled by Copying requirements, data transfer routines and switches

All these are ABAP work

Immediate delivery is the switch which takes the data from sales order to delivery

So by description it is not creating delivery and because of the background ABAP work and controls this is happening

Moreover this is the only control to have immediate delivery upon order saving

I once again repeat my words

I have asked you to test the same with OR

have you done that?

many of the things we will understand by doing only

I have tried to explain you very well sir

Regards

raja

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Now, we are on right track, some abap work controls this immediate delivery creation.

We have Elite SDN members in SD. who can answer abap related queries also. it is good to all.

I expect someone from our forum ,might know that ABAP work. which am looking for & I want to share with others too.

am closing this thread, thanks for your involvement in this continuous lengthy discussion.

if we observe from first reply to now, we can observe the way & looking to one activity changed lot, hope which is good.

Thanks mate.