Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM : Message scheduled on the outbound side

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have messages in SXMB_MONI that have been received into my BPE. They have a status flag ok (chequered flag ) but the Outbound Status is green (message scheduled on outbound side).

The BPE would have finished by now ...been in Message Scheduled on Outbound side for the entire day now.

What has happened ? I have no error - nothing !

(there are no entries in SMQ2, nothing in SXMB_MONI_BPE in error etc etc or Short Dumps)

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the below Clue, If you your QOS : EOIO and suppose your one message got strucked due to some error.There is a chance of struck for the subsquent messages,

You need to find it out which message got struck up and clear that.Hope your problem resolve.

Thanks

Prabhakar

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I posted an OSS note on this - so answer from SAP.

Solution is to delete the old entries via RSWWWIDE report (which could also delete work items that do not have a final status.) I ran this for everything not COMPLETED.

When I send another message in - it worked fine. So the fact I had a stalled WF a week ago was affecting any new one coming in.

Drilling down into the message in SXMB_MONI from the PE I could see an Exception Handling in the MergeandSendBlock - no error given - but it did have a time of a week earlier.. anyway then in the ST22 Dump I could see wf-batch with runtime error MESSAGE_TYPE_X_TEXT.

I feel this is very poor design on the BPM processing ! oh well.

See also

#Note 836092 - Archiving/deleting work items in the XI

PS Thanks to Sudhir earlier on... You nailed it - but at that stage I did not know what you mean so did not consider this - as I had no idea what affect running that transaction would do.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting Old instances in tcode SWWL.

Thanks!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try SMQ1 ? (outbound queue) ?

Regards,

michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com - XI/PI FAQ

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I did look in there and sadly nothing at all. smq1,smq2,sm58,sxmb_moni_bpe > all transaction under that etc etc.

I think that all the messages (there were 18000+ of them !) all got Received into XI....Got into the correct Receiver BPM...(this will collect/merge for 1 hour - so I do expect this to do this a few time as the volumes are so high )...But all remain scheduled on outbound side ...why

I've posted a note with SAP but I really need this done - I just hope I can get an answer.

This was working last week (Friday) - nothing has changed - I just cannot understand what it is waiting for. I can see nothing in any queue or short dump - zero !. No errors on the RWB Adapter Engine Comms Channel either - all green lights. And RWB BPE Status all green. Even tried stopping/starting the receiver queue but of course nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny

From SXMB_MONI copy the message payload and test the mapping with the data in IR (Test Tab). Perhaps the mapping is not working for "this data" and if the first fails the subsequent messages will backup on the q. Most of the time I have seen this green flag on the outbound side it is related to the mapping in BPM.

Thanks

Damien