cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout + T Container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am having some layout issues.... its following...

I have a Tab which contains one T.container. ( Gridlayout with 1 colum ). Inside this container I have haing 4 containers.... All 4 container are having labels and input fields.... I want to make all four container left indent....(hAlign)... but when I do in some container left padding.... it looks fine, but on different resulotions, the place of container varries....... how I can fix this issue...

thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all start using Matrix layout. SAP recommends matix layout. this will make positioning of UI elements simpler.

Regards

Arjun

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please fix the width of every UI element, if your requirement allows, in % like 30%.

and dont use pixels any where as it will surely change the layout according to resolution.

And one more point SAP recommends use of Matrix layout whenever possible

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am getting crazy with this layout and UI elements arrangement.....

Now I used % and all things are going worng...

I have a tab which has one group ( Gridlayout and width ( i have left empty now because what ever I give here values it has no affect ) this group have few containers whose widh I can controll......) but the widht of Group I cant controll and therefore when I run the application the layout is very large...i.e. user can scroll 10 mins to right to see the UI Elements....... so please help how I can control the widh of group ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

aaah what I have seen now, if I try to give the paddingleft with % e.g 1% for my container ( which is inside the group) then the widh of Group is unbliveable large

So I am only left with the optoint to do so wth px......... but then I have problem with resulotions...

This is not good...

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can make the UI element positions fix ?? ( that when user make the size of font bigger or smaller the UI elements remains fix ?

Pls suggest `?

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me try to explain you how to proceed with layouts.......

First thing to remember is use of matrix layout.........

1. first set the size of your rootuielement according to your requirement.... say 100%...set layout to matrix.....

2. insert a transparent container and set its width....... say 100% again.... set layout to matrix...

3. now according to your requirements insert UI elements.............

note... if you want to insert 3 input fields say and want thm to be fix my sgst would be first insert three Transparent container and in these insert your input field....

regards

Pranav

Edited by: Pranav Nagpal on Dec 19, 2008 5:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

how I can fix the size of container ? that when user make the resulotion bigger or smaller the layout should not change ?

Thanks

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

I think you should give the width of the transparent container in %. Say you give the width of your main transparent container 50%, then it'll always occupy 50% of the screen, irrespective of the resolution of the screen.

Try it. I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your post, but unfortunately problem is still there.... i.e when I make the size of font bigger or smaller the layout changes..... I need to fix the layout...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks and regards,