cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using EP 6 cache service from a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am creating a portal application DC that needs to use the EP 6 caching service

basically I need to be able to add this line of code to my iview.

ICacheService cacheService = (ICacheService)PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(ICacheService.KEY);

The problem is that my portal application DC does not recognize the ICacheService interface

(full name = com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.cache.ICacheService)

If this was a regular eclipse project, I would have added a reference to the

com.sap.portal.compatibility50.cacheapi.jar

However, in NWDI, I need to specify a dependency to another DC, which publishes the caching API

As a temporary solution I have created an external library DC which wraps this jar.

Is there a better solution?

Can anyone please refer me to a component that exposes the classes I need for using the cache service?

Thank you

Dotan Limon

J2EE developer

Check Point

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the required jar is not available in the standard DCs offered by the 3 base SC's, an external library is the only correct way of making it available to your own DC.

If you want to check if there's a component exposing this jar, just search your NWDS plugins folder for the file. If it exists, the path to it indicates the DC it's part of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

sadly, the jar we need was not found under the NWDS plugins folder...

does it make sense that we need to create our OWN external library in order to use a service that is part of the default portal installation???

Thanks,

Dotan Limon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dotan,

The answer is yes and no: Ideally SAP would provide an SCA containing these DCs/jars for NWDI based development. If such SCA would be available the answer to your question is "no". However, this SCA is as far as I know not available (maybe if you make a special request) and thus at this moment the answer is "yes".