cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

i am doing File to JDBC scenario using the stored procedure. While running the scenario,

I am getting below error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'Test2' (structure 'EXECUTE'): java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Can't start a cloned connection while in manual transaction mode.

Can you please tell why that error is cuming?

Regards

Leela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi leela

Are you trying to execute this from two name spaces at same time. or you have more than one procedure to execute at MS SQL 2000.

Check with this and correct it.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

I am trying to execute from a single namespace. In the stored procedure i am using 2 select statements.

Regards

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI leela

I mean to say. Are you trying to call this SP multiple times. This error occur when you execute the query multiple time in a single shot.

Check again. check with the logs. any other information you can get.

As you said 2 select statements. Are they accessing the same tables in a sequence or random.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I am callling the Storeproc only once. I am using two select statements in the Stored procedure. It is using two different tables.

Regards

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi leela,

Ofcourse you will have stored procedure executing only one at a time.

You need to check your stored procedure from SQL plus, manually.

That can be the problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you tried changing your URL like this

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://dbhost:1433;databaseName=example;SelectMethod=Cursor

There are two options that helps with MS SQL server.

SelectMethod = Cursor and SelectMethod = Direct. For SP try with the one i gave above.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi leela

please check whether your database is started.

second go to Visual admin and start the service then your scenario will work

Regards

sandeep

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using Cursor ?

While executing multiple statement you must SelectMethod property Cursor.

look for more info regarding this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313181

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is basically because of 2 reasons:

1) Either you don't have proper connectivity with the sql server ( Including the authorizations)

2) there is some issue in your stored procedure..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leela,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313181

SYMPTOMS

While using the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC, you may experience the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Can't start a cloned connection while in manual transaction mode.

CAUSE

This error occurs when you try to execute multiple statements against a SQL Server database with the JDBC driver while in manual transaction mode (AutoCommit=false) and while using the direct (SelectMethod=direct) mode. Direct mode is the default mode for the driver.

RESOLUTION

When you use manual transaction mode, you must set the SelectMethod property of the driver to Cursor, or make sure that you use only one active statement on each connection .

For more clarification Please contact you DB .

Thanks

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your scenario,

Check Document formats for the receiver JDBC structure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Also check this blog.

Regards