cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Errors in customising ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have been customising an iView of ESS by using NWDS and NWDI.

After I have customised the Development component I am getting error messages when I click the Re-

build project option from the context menu.

The error message that I am getting are as follows:-

The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.object. 

Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required 

class file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

I have gone to the J2EE perspective and in the "Package Explorer" I have selected the project and from

the context menu selected the properties and clicked on the "Java Buildpath" option from the pop-up

window (I have got an error symbol, over the project and so I did this).

Then selected the buildpath and after clicking OK it is getting resolved and then a different package is

missing.

This is repeating all the time and I ended up choosing the build path. Could anyone explain me a proper solution. Am I doing anything wrong? Please help me in resolving this issue.

If you require any further clarification, please let me know.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG

Edited by: PG on Dec 15, 2008 12:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add the JRE also?

Most of the times this problem comes when JRE mismatches. Try to match the version of the of the JRE (e.g 1.4.2.x) of the environment of the standard ESS iView with that of your NWDS environment.

I am not sure this but try to develop with the same version of NWDS also.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have checked my NWDS version and the JRE version as well.

NWDS version is:- 7.0.14

JRE version is :- 1.4.2_12

Does this make any difference. Please let me know. I shall uninstall the whole thing and will re-install it.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

Your JRE and NWDS version should match with those of the application(iView of the ESS) that you want to customize. Please check once in which environment the respected ESS business package is developed. I think you can remove the errors mostly with JRE updation.

Anyway, did you check the Repair --> Project structure and Classpath option?

Sometimes, you can remove these errors by deleting gen_ddic and gen_wdp folders in Navigator perspective. You need to Reload the project again. Or Sometimes, Close and Open the DC or NWDS works too.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply. How can I check the environment of the ESS Business Package? How do I know the version. Please advise me about this.

I have already checked Repiar--> Project structure and classpath option also. But it didn't work.

Regarding your next suggestion---"Deleting" gen_ddic and gen_wdp folders in Navigator perspective.

Does this not create any problems in the business package?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

PG

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

Whenever you customize a standard application, first you should copy that and do change in that copy only. Then you can create a new iView for that and replace the stadar iView with this. gen_ddic and gen_wdp folders are again generated when you rebuild the DC. When you download hte business package you will get the corresponding notes where all the details are expalined like version ,developed environment, etc. My Id is in my business card you can contact me there.

Regards,

Siva

Answers (0)