Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequeste for settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on settlement.

We first settle network to WBS through CJ88 .In our case the WBS is automaticaaly settled to AUC. We maintain settlement rule in the WBS.

Then we settle this AUC to Fixed asset again throuh CJ88.

While doing so I am mainly getting these two errors.

1. Maintain the settlement rule of the sender

2. AUC is not completely credted.

I would like to know what are the requiste criteria for the WBS , before any settlement could take place.

Further guide me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eventhough you get the error messages, you could able to settle WBS first to AUC and then to Asset. This is because the system is trying to perform full settlement (WBS->AUC->Asset) when the status of WBS is changed to technically completed. Am I right? This is not so in the case of partial capitalization. Trust this helps much! Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your responses.

The suggestions given by all are very helpful for me.

Regards,

Vishal

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please got though this link select investment project.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/22738f46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Also please refer this post.

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Dec 15, 2008 4:29 PM

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

So in short

u2022 When you want to settle to AUC use the distribution rules with settlement type AUC (generated by system) & processing type periodic.

u2022 When you want to settle to FXA you should use the settlement type Full & processing type partial capitalization / automatic.

However the processing type Full settlement is used for the settlement rules with distribution rules of settlement type PER (Periodic) only, in to check weather the balance still exists in the object after the settlement due to debits to previous periods.

So, don't get confused with settlement type FUL (full settlement) & processing type Full settlement. (Processing type full settlement has nothing to do with AUC)

I would like to know the correct "Processing Type" to specify in Actual Settlement run (CJ88) for settling to Asset under Construction (AUC) and Final Asset. Please confirm if it is correct to use "By Period" for settling to AUC and use "Full Settlement" to settle to Final Assets.

U do periodical settlement to AUC and once project is completed u do the full settlement to fixed asset.

Regards,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to maintain settlement rule for the activity with receiver as WBS. You can set the default rule to activities. It is maintained in OPUV.

If you only want up to role the cost to WBS element than use account assigned activity & in the activity assignment tab give the WBS element for which you want to role up the cost. & in this case you can directly settle the WBS Element.

As account assigned activity is cost object you have to maintain settlement rule. Now it depends upon where to settle superior WBS elements or some where else itu2019s depend upon scenario.

Define a strategy to determine the settlement rule in the network & maintain default rule in activity.

If you do not define a key for the determining the settlement rule, the system first attempts to generate a settlement rule by the default rule. If this is not possible, you must maintain the settlement rule manually in the network.

How the settlement affects hierarchy structure for commercial reports is as below.

1. In settlement to the object directly superior in the hierarchy, the settlement is eliminated as internal business volume.

2. If you settle to an object several levels higher in the hierarchy, the values do not appear in the intervening levels. For this reason, we recommend that you do not use this form of settlement.

3. If you settle to an object lower down in the hierarchy, the values appear in the sender twice. Do not use this form of settlement.

4. If you settle to a receiver not assigned to the sender in the hierarchy, the values are not totaled up by the sender, only by the receiver. The values do not appear in the WBS superior to the sender.

5. If an account assignment superior to the sender is not selected, no elimination of internal business volume occurs and in the selected object, the updated actual costs including the settlement are displayed directly.

Plz let me know if u need some more help.

Regards,

ANSAR