cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms: Content area is not moving down in the master page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam using Adobe Life Cycle Designer 7.0.

Iam trying to pull down the content area in the master page. But its not moving down. Why this is happening? Instead moving down its coming up which is not required.

Please help in this.

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that option. Even iam trying to do the same thing. But the content area is not moving down. Even iam unable to change the X and Y positions. I dont know is there anything wrong with the designer.

Please help me.

Thx in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey pcr,

I've the same problem too... The content area in the master page always want to stay at the top. You can adjust the bottom, but not the top... it wants to stay there. There is one thing you can try.... Select the Content Area in the master page, and select the Object tab on the right. .. Inthere you have the flow direction... Change that to Western Text. It will allow you to adjust the start of the top of the Content Area... Because the default is set to flowed, it will always be flush with the top of the form.

Another way around it is to add a subform in the body page. Make it the height that you want, and set it to be positioned, not flowed. Then select the Page in the Hierarchy tab on the left. Back to the right side, in the Object tab, select the Pagination tab, and go to the over flow leader, and select the subform that you made into your header spacer... when when a new page starts, your sub form will be at the top of the page.

Hope this makes sense...

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin Schmidt,

Thank you very much. Your answer is resolved my problem.

But for the 1st answer, The content area still not allowing me to move it down after changing the flow direction from top to bottom to western text. What might be the problem for the content area?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rao,

That's a good question... I'm not sure... I'm not having a problem moving it. My main page in the hierarchy is Flowed and Top to Bottom... I'd have to look into it a bit further... Maybe with the next form I develop!!

Cheers,

Kevin

D037255
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and my workaround for the Designer problem (?) are these steps:

- activate the form for the last changes

- if you don't have the "XML Source" tab: menu "View" - "XML Source" or right mouse click on any existing tab and select it

- mark the content area into the "Master Pages" tab

- go to the "XML Source" tab

- now you see the relevant line for the content area into the xml data

- change the value; maybe you have to wait any seconds, if the xml data line is editable

- activate the form

- now you can go to the "Master Pages" tab, otherwise you lost the changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens Hähnel

This is a good solution to move the content area in the master page if the content area is not moving in the master page with mouse.

I'm facing this problem with Adobe Life Cycle Designer 7.1 version.

Its working fine in the Adobe Life Cycle Designer 8.0 version.

Thanks.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rao,

In Designer, goto View--> Select the "Master Pages" option and then change the size of Content Area.

Chintan