cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return delivery of the item from BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

can anyone please guide me on the process if i want to take a return delivery for a material which is part of BOM.

machine is delivered to the customer and one part of that is returned. so how to take the return delivery of that single material out of machine?

kindly guide.

Thanks.

Deepak...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

You can create Return order for that single material with refrence to the sales order after creation of retur order you can do the returns delivery with reference to the return order.

But Before going to create return order you just make sure that itemcategory determination maintained for that return sales order+singlematerial itemcategory group-->retrun item itemcategory in VOV4 transaction.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

return order with ref to sales order or invoice????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Depending Upon your Business actually.

Generally a retun Order is created with reference to a Invoice (Sales). Thus the process you have to take care of Billing to Sales Docu Copy controls. Item category Datermination Correctly.

Next the return Delivery and Billing.

you can create the new serial numbers for the return del material. But I think that the old Serial Numbers will not be accespted at the time of return, plz correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

A S

Edited by: SAP Consultant on Dec 16, 2008 11:43 AM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

return order with ref to sales order or invoice????

Again it's depend upon the business requirement asper the standard

return order with ref to sales order

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Dec 16, 2008 7:15 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking of a sales BOM and that too when material movements are managed at the Item level, then you can take back the individual part as per the standard return process. I say this because sales BOM's does not do anything more than just serving as a mean to call up a bunch of materials in the sales order. SAP does not register that you sent a BOM with some unique numbering.

Yes but the situation can get complex if you also have serial no's, HU's etc involved in your process. Otherwise just create a return delivery w.r.t to invoice/Order and delete the other materials that you dont want.