cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country Code Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii All

There has been a notice given that few of the countries(Aby Bhabi, Dubai) codes will be changed wef 1st Jan 2009.

I have raised this issue with SAP but they do not have any information for that.

Pls do suggest that in this case do I need to change the code manually or wait for some note from SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Manocha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

Interesting information !!!!!

Definitely in such case, SAP has to address this issue. Meanwhile, can you please let me know from where you got this information as almost all the members in the forum will have implications on this change. This will be really helpful to all of us.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Laksmi

Our client got this information from HM revenue&Customs, we got this notince from them and I have a scanned copy of that. I am not sure whether I can attach that on this forum.

Some of the country code changes will be

Abu Dhabi From DH to AE

Puerto Rico From PR to US

Dubai From DU to AE

etc...

In this case what do you think that if we only change the master data for these customers will that suffice the purpose.

Do let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Manocha

Edited by: Gaurav Manocha on Dec 16, 2008 11:20 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

I believe you are talking about the "Region" and not the Country.

As you may be aware, we will call United Arab Emirates country in SAP as AE and in UAE, we can see regions like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jebel Ali, Sharjah etc.

So can you please reconfirm that your statement holds good still ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmi

What you are saying is totally correct, but there are few changes where the country codes are changing eg for Jersey JS to JE.

I can send you the scanned copy to your personal id if you wish to have a look at that.

As we are not dealing with Jersey we are only interested in UAE(AE), Dubai(DU) & ABu Dhabi(DH)

For these regions what all changes do you suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Manocha

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav Manocha,

Go through this IMG path to define the new or changed country codes

IMG-->SAP NetWeaver -->General Settings >Set Countries>Define Country Codes

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.