cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock posting for ERLA BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

At our client's place they are manufacturing (say) TV, DVD and TV Stand, as 3 separate FERT materials. Now because of the Christmas / New Year eve, they want to give a scheme saying who ever buys 'Gift Set' (TVDVDTVStand) will get it at a special price.

I have created a BOM with ERLA as ItCatGrp and in CS01 entered the 3 items as components of the BOM. But the issue is all these 3 items are available in stock and they are only going to convert these items into a BOM and not manufacture new item.

That is the existing items have to be consumed to make a new ERLA - BOM and also when this BOM is entered in Sales Order and in Delivery Document, the BOM should explode displaying its components to facilitate the delivery ppl to pick the correct materials, as this BOM is new for the company.

Any help in this regards is high appreciated. Issue is how to convert existing stock into a BOM (ERLA) with the option of it exploding in Sales Order and Delivery Document.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Edited by: yajee venkat on Dec 15, 2008 3:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Sooo sorry, I forgot to ask the question.

BOM material number: Gift Set (Available Stock: 0 )

TV : M1 (Available Stock: 10pcs)

DVD : M2 (Available Stock: 10pcs)

TV Stand : M3 (Available Stock: 10pcs)

To sell my Gift Set, my client needs to consume the 3 items one each and make one piece of Gift Set. How to achieve this?

I mean, if I send the 3 items to Production factory to make a Gift Set (FERT), it will not explode in my Sales Order and Delivery Document, since this FERT will be a PP BOM. I need it to explode since this Gift Set is a new product and all my delivery people do not know what this Gift Set is made up of, for the purpose of Picking. That is why I need this BOM to explode both in S Order and its Del Doc.

When I learnt the concept of ERLA, my faculty said put stock with 561 Mov Type. But in this case, stock of M1, M2 and M3 are available in abundance and they are not going to manufacture any more, but just convert that stock to a BOM.

Hope I am clear.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Edited by: yajee venkat on Dec 15, 2008 5:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.........you can maintain a Prod. BOM and also a Sales BOM.

The production people will use the Prodn' BOM to assemble the different components, pack it and make it into a finished product.

You will maintain a Sales BOM for that finished product with the same components and it will explode in the sales order. Since you are using ERLA in your FERT material, then the components that explode would only be for informaion purposes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per I am able to understand from your query is that your BOM is getting exploded in sales order but it not exploding in delivery document.

If this is your problem then I will suggest you some of the steps which you can check.

Open your sales order and select your line item one by one and note down its item category and schedule line category.

Now go to VOV7 and select your item category one by one.

Uncheck the check box of item relevant for delivery for all the item category and save it.

Now go VOV6 and select your schedule line category on by one.

Check the check box item relevant for delivery for all the schedule line category and save it.

Now try to create your sales order and do the delivery.

Check whether all the item from sales order are copying to delivery or not

Regards

Raj.