Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All

When I am doing Rebates I am getting the following issues

1. Create Manual Accruals:

Created the sales document for Manual Accruals (sales doc. type: ZR4)

when I am creating Credit Memo (Billing Type ZB4), system is not processing the documen, getting the error THE SHIP-TO PARTY COULD NOT BE DETERMINED.

I checked in Check Customization Setting for Billing Types - there is an error in Customization for billing type ZB4, and detial

DELETE THE HEADER AND ITEM PARTNERS IN CANCELLATION BILLING DOCUMENT 'S2'

Please tell me where I can do these settings.

2, Pay Rebate Accruals Manually:

Created the Sales Document for Manual Payment (Sales doc. Type ZR3)

I checked the Sales document, system is showing the Billing Block: Credit Memo Check

without removing the Billing Block in the Sales document I am able to do the Credit Memo (Billing Type: ZB3) and in the next stem I am able to release the document to FI

When there is a billing block in the sales document, system should not allow me to create Billing Document with reference to that Sales Document.

Why I am able to do this, where I am doing Wrong.

Please Advice me,

Babu Rao

Edited by: babur rao on Dec 15, 2008 10:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see this link it may usefull for u.

http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf

Rebates Processs in SAP is divided into three components

1) Configuring Rebates

2) Setting Up Rebates

3) Managing rebate agreeeements and payments

Pre-requsiistes- Check the following:

1.The payer partner needs toi have the rebate field checked in the customer master on the sales area-billing doc tab.

2.The Billing type must be marked as relevant for rebates.

3.The Sales Organisation must be marked as relevant for rebates.

Condition Technique :

Rebates, use the condition technique, but distinguish themselves from pricing in applying to transactions over time, versus on a transaction basis. Rebates have their wn field catalog and their own condition table naming convention.So you could have two condition table "001" one for pricing and one for rebates, which could have different key fields. You need to use the technical names A001 For pricing and KOTe001 for rebates when you use the query type using transaction SE 16..

Use create access sequence (AS). Enter 1 in field category for rebate specific. AS after going thru the right path of maintaining access sequence for rebates.

The big difference between the rebate and the pricing access sequence is that there is no exclsuion flag available for rebate related AS. This means multiple tables for an access sequence can be aplied at the same time.

Rebate related condition types are identified by codnition class -C.

After defining and creating condition types for rebated include them in the pricing proceedure. The requirement should be 24 here which implies that the accruals are calculated on the basis of invoice/bill.

The other fields- alctyp and altcbv does not allow you to manipulate how a rebate is calculated. Also, remove the requiremnt 24, if u want to see reabtes at order time.

Now payment of rebates:

Payments can be maunal or in full settlement. When you do manual payments, it defines how much can be paid out during a partial settlemetn. You use partial settlement only when rebate agreement is defined for a full year but the paoyouts are supposed to happen on a monthly, quarterly or anyother specified period.

These accurals are based on sales volume and when they are posted billing is created int eh follwoing manner. Provision for accruals is debited and Sales revenue is credited. When rebate credit memo is created

Customer account/ is debited and

Accrual provision account is credited.

Also, please note that when rebates are created without dependent ona material but on customer/material you need to refer to a material for settlement.

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi babu rao

Assuming that it is customer rebate Check in t.code VB)2 and select the customer rebate 0001 ,the customer rebate and check wheather manual accruals has been checked or not and manual accruals document type has been maintained or not

Secondly check the partner determination procedure is correct or not . Also check wheather the customer master record is correct or not

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Second issue got sorted out

Please advice me about the first issue

baburao

Former Member
0 Kudos