Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel running BPM

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a BPM that hasn't an end because i got an error in R3 and this BPM will not receive the answer that is waiting for.

I want to cancel it. Last time i cancel a BPM was using transaction SWWL and deleting the workitem.

Is the correct way or there is another way to do it better?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SWWL is the way to delete the BPM instance. But it is not preferred it seems. The idea behind this try to make runtime vrsion of BPM status always 0. ie SXI_CACHE should always show status as 0.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

SWWL is the right transaction to delete the BPM instance that got initiated in the XI server. In case its going into 'ERROR' status or into 'STARTED' stage, then sometime if you dont clear the same, whenever your interface is being executed again, it will get assigned to this instance which is either in error/in indefinite loop/Started state. Hence its always better to clear this thru SWWL and again replicate the scenario to see where and what's going wrong.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that way only as you said, but if you want to restart you may execute the report RSWWERRE .But see the code well before doing it in a production system.

May be others can get you any other ideas.

Regards,

Anirban.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

you should define an exception branch at design time to avoid that situation.

In my knowledge there is no other way to kill the process than deleting the workitem in SWWL.

Regards,

Udo