Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync BPM queue

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sync BPM scenario with post a PO using webservices and then respond back to soap client and also a text file to ther receiver server. My problem is there was only a queue for the BPM but there will be many user will use this services to post PO. How can i increase the queue? Is that by select multiple queue? How can i solve this waiting queue problem?

Thanks

Edited by: fcgan on Dec 15, 2008 8:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you may use multiple queues in this case. The usage of queues is random in this case.

But with this option, correlation won't work properly. See this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e73c7b-5301-2a10-f1ab-832f301b...

Regards,

Prateek

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mean correlation not work properly? So what is the best way to do it???

Thanks.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explianed in the link by Prateek ,you can try with the option u201CMultiple Queues (Content-Specific)u201D.

What you mean correlation not work properly?

correlation will not work properly because messages handled by different queues(Multiple Queues) might start new process instances instead of being correlated to a running instance. and hence correlation will be affected.

Thanks!

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i didn't use correlation in the BPM. Can i select "Multiple Queues" but not "Multiple Queues (Content-Specific)u201D?

thanks.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using correlation then can use either of the option.In your case using u201CMultiple Queues (Random)u201D option will be better that will suppress the time used in determining the Content specific messages(u201CMultiple Queues (Content-Specific)).

Thanks!

Edited by: Sudhir Tiwari on Dec 15, 2008 10:51 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The assignment of messages to queues is random when you use Multiple queues. So in that case, if you use correlation then it may happen that one message goes to one queue and next message to another. In that case, both will keep on waiting for each other and process won't end. So correlation is not advisable.

Go for this option if you don't have correlations in your scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)