Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java transport

former_member493877
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 2 questions regarding NWDI. My environment was implemented in 2 system landscape, Development and Production. No Test system, no Consolidation system. I have also configured runtime system for Development and Production. I have also imported the following software components into the track and imported them into Development and Consolidation tab based on ESS/XSS Cookbook:

1. sap.com_SAP-J2EE

2. sap.com_SAP_BUILDT

3. sap.com_SAP_ESS

4. sap.com_SAP_JTECHS

5. sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP

My developer has amended the source code and released it.

My questions are:

1. In the Consolidation tab, the status shows waiting for import which is the same status I saw before my developer releases the amendment. Is this the correct status?

2. Do have to import ALL the abovementioned software components from Condolidation tab to Assembly tab?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Hapizorr Rozi Alias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal answered the questions.

I will add a few words of explanation:

1. Even though you did not configure CONS Runtime System, there is a workspace in DTR and buildspace in CMS created for CONS. That is why Consolidation tab does not disappear from CMS. You need to Import on this tab to go to the next level.

The answer is "yes".

2. Technically you can get away with assembling only SCs you modified, sap.com_SAP_ESS in your case. This is assuming the rest of the SCs are already deployed to PROD with their correct versions. However, the cleaner way of doing it is to Assemble, Approve, Import to PROD all of them. There is not much of an overhead (SDM will not redeploy same or older version anyway) , but you will make sure that versions of all SCs in PRD are correct.

The answer is "better yes".

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Slava,

Do we have to import them in sequence? Or, we can import them arbitrarily? Or, we can import them one shot.

If in sequence, what is the correct sequence?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Hapizorr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would do 2 steps:

1 - all except sap.com_SAP_ESS

2 - sap.com_SAP_ESS

First step should not take much time.

sap.com_SAP_ESS is possible troublemaker, so it make sense to run it separately so log files will be easier to read.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes

2. Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I continue importing them tomorrow.

Rgds,