cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC connection problem in GRMG monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to configure CCMS for XI using GRMG. I have followed the guide and done everything that was required.

In the XML file I have configured "SLD", "DIR", "REP" and "RWB". Now when I check in RZ20 only SLD is working while others comes in RED.

The problem that I fell is that when I test the RFC connection to "SLD" it doesn't ask for the User name or password, even if I don't give it in Logon/Security tab.

But for all other components it always ask for a user name and password while calling the RFC even when it is given in the Logon/Security tab of SM59.

If I give the password in the prompt then the test remain succesful.

Any idea why RFC call doesn't pass the username and password specified in the RFC connection.

Any idea or clue where I could look for more info or any suggestions.

Thanks for any kind of help.

Best Regards,

Arundeep Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if when testing the connection in SM59 you are prompted to enter a username and password, this means that you have a misconfiguration in your user profiles for the used user. For connections of type H you should enter a user name and password in the log on tab, but you should not be asked for it later. Connections of type TCP/IP, like for instance sldapi will not ask you for that. In the case of sld you will need xiappluser but this will be entered in transaction SLDAPICUST.

In order to solve the problem with being prompted for a user and password you should verify that these have been giving consistently in SU01 and in the exchange profile. Be very careful with lower_upper case. Enter the passwords in upper case and be sure they match!!!

Regards,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for the help. but the problem is still there.

I set the password again in SU01, SM59 and exchangeProfile. But I am still getting the same error.

If we have not set the password correctly in SM59 then I how come it takes the same password in the username/password pop up dialog box?

Why there is a restriction to set the password in upper case ? right now all my password are in lower case, but they are consistent.

Thanks,

Arundeep Singh