cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Check-in, Activating and Releasing Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to NWDI, and I have a question on Activating activities. I'm currently working on a WD app that uses NWDI, which uses different boxes. My question is, if I activate a certain activity in Box A for example (since that is where I do my local deployment), will my changes be reflected in all of the other boxes, say Box B? Or do I need to release it in order for my changes to be seen?

Also, Box A and Box B has already been configured to connect to the same SAP R/3 server.

I'm not sure if I explained it correctly, but don't hesitate to ask additional questions.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angelo:

I activate a certain activity in Box A for example (since that is where I do my local deployment), will my changes be reflected in all of the other boxes, say Box B?

When you activate in NWDS, the changes will be autimatically deployed to the NWDI DEV runtime system (RTS) if "Disable Automatic Deployment" is unchecked for RTS RTS. See

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/1cd66947184aa8915ca1831c59b6c1/frameset.htm

If you do not configure DEV for automatic deployment, see see SAP Note 770522 for manual deployment.

If your Box B is your DEV RTS and your Box A is a target of your local deployment, then Activation in NWDS will deploy to Box B (assuming auto-deployment is enabled, see above). If your Box C is your CONS RTS, then you need to Release in order for your changes to go to Box C. If your Box D is TEST, then you need to Assemble and Import in CMS to deploy to Box D. If your Box E is your PROD, you need to Approve and Import to Prod to deploy to Box E.

Read this documentation to understand the whole process:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d2/4551421705be30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the input! It really helped me a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have an ability to give points for answered questions on the forum.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slava,

Oh right.. SOrry about that. I forgot to give you reply a rating.

Thanks!

Answers (0)