cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: You are not authorized to use Transaction SWNWIEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing customisation for Leave workflow. And as this wf has to go to n number of levels as per the configurations made, I created a Task and gave the ruls to the task. In SWFVISU transaction, which application name should I attach to the Task?

I gave parameters:

*APPLICATION LeaveRequest

PACKAGE sap.com/ess~lea*

The workitem came to the corresponding approvers UWL. But, when he clicks on the UWL link, it is showing the error: You are not authorized to use Transaction SWNWIEX. Is this with regard to the authorisation. But, I tried other applications and the corresponding approver can approve those workitems from the UWL. Issue is only with Leave.

Please do help me in solving the issue.

Regards,

Jubish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

This Authorization Problem, Send the screen shot to the Basis Team.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. But if it is an authorisation issue, why it is happening only for Leave WorkItems. Why not for other WorkItems?

Regards,

Jubish

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because in Leave approval, One Employee viewing the another Employee details, this allow only for the certain person like Manager or some Superior they will have separate role.

The used id which your executing or try to view is from Normal Employee User id. In general to view the other person's Employee Details only HR person will have, those people will have higher authorization to access it.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I sent the error to the basis team. Once they give me the authorisation, I will get back to you with the details.

Regards,

Jubish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the UWL registration and the Task was not there in the UWL. So, I registered the Task in UWL with the standard ESS Leave Approval application. Now, the Leave Approval screen comes to the approver.

But now the issue is that, if there are 3 approvers, when the first approver approves the leave, the workflow goes to an error state. Subsequent node not found. Another issue is that the infotype gets updated as soon as the first approver clicks on Approve. Ideally, it should've been saved only after the final approves the request.

I designed the Workflow in such a way that the Level will be checked for Final before routing it. If it is not Final Level Approval, it will be routed to our custom task (which in turn will be calling standard ESS Leave Approval task). If the level is Final level, we will be calling standard Leave Approval task (TS12300097).

If the level is not final, I bound the result back to workflow for further processing. But, I am not getting back the result. Is it because, the workflow is going to error state? Or, the result comes in some other container? I bound WIResult to our custom container.

Regards,

Jubish

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But now the issue is that, if there are 3 approvers, when the first approver approves the leave, 
the workflow goes to an error state. Subsequent node not found.

See the workflow log this particular step, Mention what error you are getting in the step history.

Value may not be passed or approver has authorization to view and not having to edit.

Another issue is that the infotype gets updated as soon as the first approver clicks on Approve. 
Ideally, it should've been saved only after the final approves the request.

It clearly shows that it doesn't go for next level at all. Check the condition which you given for next level of approvers.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the instructions, I checked the step history in workflow log and it says: Error when defining successor for node 0000000208. in FIND_NEXT_NODES_WIM. But I couldn't figure out the problem here. Is this something related with the Rule which I gave?

In my rule, I require the result of the current step executed, for determining the Next Agent. For that purpose, I bind the WIRESULT container to my custom container. But for the Leave WF, I am not getting back the WIRESULT container value as this is shown as blank in the log even after the First Approver Approves the request. Ideally, it should have been 0001 for the first outcome of my User Decision. In log I checked the Process container for the result, as usual, and this is <Not Set> now.

Another point, I am using two different BOR's for the same Workflow for different processes as I have some other Tasks also in addition to the Approval Task. For all Approval Tasks, I use a particular BOR and for all other Tasks (other than Approval), I use another BOR. Will this be a problem?

Regards,

Jubish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do help.

Regards,

Jubish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more doubt in this regard. When I click on the UWL link, why the system is trying to look in r/3 server? Ideally, it has to look in the J2ee server right? But here, when I click on the UWL link for the Leave Approval, I see that the url it is fetching is to R/3 server. After that, it shows the error: You are not authorized to use Transaction SWNWIEX and displays the error message in R/3 screen.

Regards,

Jubish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solved the issue. I used a decision task instead of an activity and that was the issue.

Regards,

Jubish