Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Adaptive Web service destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on NW 7.1 SP6.

My requirement is to create an Adaptive Webservice Model destination in web dynpro, so that i can import the Web Services using this destination.

The documents currently available are for creating destinations for NW2004s.Could anyone please help me out with creating the web service destinations for NW7.1

Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go through the Elearning in the blog

/people/rudolf.held/blog/2007/04/24/how-to-consume-an-enterprise-service-from-the-es-workplace-in-web-dynpro-in-the-new-sap-netweaver-composition-environment-71

this will certainly help you .

murali

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav ,

Open NWA (http://<system ip>:<port>/nwa) -> SOA management -> Destination Template Management -> create destination.

While creating adaptive webservice model select logical destination and wnter same name for both execute and metada destination which u have created in NWA for webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita / Anup,

Thanks for replying.

Even after I create the web service destination and try to import a web service, it still asks me for the WSDL of the application service.

My requirement is to have something similar to JCO connections for importing RFC models.As in , when the deployment server is changed, creating only the RFC destination on the new server would ensure the proper functioning of the imported web services. Then , in this case, it would be required to just deploy the services on the new server and create the corresponding destinations.

This is similar to the WSIL requirement.Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

During AWS Model import WSDL is asked to read the metadata for Web Service based upon which Model will be created.

If you choose to use Logical Destination, you can work with them same as in case of RFC Model.

User will always have source which they want to consume in Web Dynpro. User specifies it during the import process.

During RFC Import: It is taken from the RFC on the server configured in "R/3 Configuration" in preferences.

During EJB: It is taken from some ear project wrapping ejb's from ejb project.

During AWS Import: It is taken from WSDL. The WSDL can be extracted based upon a SR, ESR or from local\remotely located WSDL.

Hence, when you specify WSDL, you are actually specifying the source.

Logical Destination defines a redirection to access the source at runtime.

For RFC Model: You specify the server which contains RFC to execute.

For AWS: You specify location of WSDL which will be executed.

Advantage of logical destination is that you can change the target at runtime to have different re-direction, according to you need.

If your deploy server changes for WS, you have to simply change the logical destination which you defined to your AWS Model.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma