cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what setting to mandate that invoice is created based on sales order NOT...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,everyone

Could you tell me the detailed configuration to mandate that invoice is created based on sales order NOT delivery documents.

Additionaly, I need to define this rule at headquarter and apply it all lower-level companies. how to do it.

thanks you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is controlled from the "Billing relevance" field in the item category of Sales document.

Go to VOV7, put the value "B" in the above field for your Item category.

Establish a copy control "Sales document type to Billing document type" for your pair and at the same time delete the copy control of Delivery document to billing document for your pair.

But, I doubt, you get some problem with this process in standard sales process, beacuse for a standard item it is logical to have Billing with reference to the Delivery as this material is physically deliverable.

In cash sale it is possible, beacuse delivery is completed in the back ground when order is saved.

Here, order quantity is copied to the delivery document.

But in standard sales process, delivery is not created in the background when the order is saved, so there is scope for having difference in order quantity and delivery quantity.

If there is a difference and if you create the billing document with reference to the Sales order then it may be wrong.

If you really want the above settings, then I feel you need to write some new requirement that "Order quantity and delivery quantity are always same" and assign in the copy control.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV7, select your item category and execute. There for the field "Billing Relevance", maintain "B" and save. This should serve your requirement.

Also dont maintain copy control from delivery to billing in VTFL. Instead, maintain copy control for sale order to billing in VTFA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Humility,

Could you tell me the detailed configuration to mandate that invoice is created based on sales order NOT delivery documents.

This is quite possible through copy control settings between sales order and billing document

In standard billing type F1 will billed with reference to the sales order OR,so you can copy those settings then rename to your document types and itemcategory.

Go to VTFA transaction click n change icon then select billing type F1 and order type OR then click on Copy As icon (F6)and change the document types(maintain your docuemnt types).

To copy item level settings

Now you come back to initial screen agin you select billing type F1 and order type OR then click on item here you select standard item category then click on Copy as Icon (F6) here you maintain your itemcategory.

Note:- Don't change the satndard settings you just copy

Additionaly, I need to define this rule at headquarter and apply it all lower-level companies. how to do it.

For this you can take help of your BASIS people they will full fill with the roles and authorisation settings.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.