cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on SRM4 and CCM2 on upgrade of backend to ECC6

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all! I have been trying to find out what needs to be done (such as patches to be applied) to the SRM and CCM sysem if we upgrade the backend system from ECC5 to ECC6. I understand that we will need to check and change the configuration in SRM to point to the correct backend system type if required. However, I do not know of any other actions required to ensure that SRM still works properly after the backend is upgrade to ECC6.

Appreciate if someone can share their experience on this. Will also be good if someone can point me in the right direction as to where to look for such information. I have looked in the SAP upgrade site but could not find anything specifically on this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose the answer is no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

I have not found documentation on this either. However - I have done similar upgrades and have not found any major issues. Just maybe check your plug-ins on the ECC6 side, and ensure correct settings in the customising settings in 'Definition backend systems in B2B'. The setting for ECC6 should be set to ERP_2.0

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

You should check also the Idocs exchanging between the systems.

Pay special attention to the Inbound Idocs coming from R3 to SRM. If the upgrade in R3 impacts on idocs version may be SRM is not able to process coming from R3.

I suggest to go WE05, WEDI and check wich Idocs are you exchanging and the versions.

I hope this help. I am currently facing the same issue as you.

Regards,

Abraham