cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a separate sld for xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is is possible to use a PI 7.00 system with an SLD that runs on a separate server which also acts as another PI system (development system)

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe

yes its always possible to use another SLD just you need to configure the parameters about the SLD which you want to use

go to marketplace and under the section download , downlaod the master installation guide there you can learn how to use another SLD

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is only one SLD!!

this SLD is configured to run on the PI development system and it serves all systems in the landscape

There is not SLD running on the PI production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issues. I have similar landscape with me. In fact, my SLD is running over Solution Manager server and I have PI servers using it.

regards, Sean.

PS: Also make sure that your production systems have appropriate PI PRD server marked as their Integration server.

Edited by: Sean on Dec 15, 2008 11:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sean,

How do i do it or where do i check it?

Regards,

Moshe

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can place your SLD with the prod server or alone. Technically any configuration is possible. You just have to select the optimum one. For that SLD with Production environment would be most reliable.

Check in SLD that you have webAs abap technical and business system defined for both the XI systems. There the role of business system should be Integration Server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLD, goto Business Systems. There for each production instance of SAP products, on

Related Integration Server tab make sure the integration server is your XI production and not dev/qa. That's all.

regards, Sean.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible.

Take a case of single SLD in the landscape. There you have SLD installed at one of the three servers - Dev, QA, Prod. Same is your case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your answers

This is not exactly what i meant

Let me try to explain - I have a PI 7.0 development system that also serves as a central and single SLD

I have installed another PI 7.0 system which acts as a production system -during the installation when i was asked about an existing SLD system i pointed to the PI development system

my question - is it possible for a system to act both as a PI system and a central SLD because i had a confusion after reading note 768148 which deals with connecting PI 7 system with an SLD that runs on a separate server on which NO PI is installed

Hope you understand me

Regards,

Moshe

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>my question - is it possible for a system to act both as a PI system and a central SLD because i had a confusion after reading note 768148 which deals with connecting PI 7 system with an SLD that runs on a separate server on which NO PI is installed

it's possible but in my opnion this is not a good idea

if you want to have a central SLD it should be the one from

production XI/PI and not DEV - so install PRD XI/PI with it's own SLD

and then connect DEV XI to this production (central) SLD

and forget about DEV SLD

(you can copy the content from dev SLD to production quite easily

using standard SLD transports)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com - XI/PI FAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Michal's proposal, also please make sure that new SLD is on same or higher CIM model and component repository version. This would ensure consistency when SWCVs are imported at any later stage into XI.

regards, Sean.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Moshe,

sure it's possible

please have a look at question

I want to change the number of System Landscape Directories

on http://www.mypigenie.com/sld

to find out how to do it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk