cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on file to IDOC scenario. I disabled the EDIDC_40 control record. If i need to specify the sender , Receiver infirmation , Do i need to use Header Mapping? Why we will disable the EDIDC_40 record?

Thanks,

MAnoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First understand the purpose of Header mapping. If in case you want to change some idoc header values like sender/ receiver service name to some other value, you use Header mapping.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/112d20f6ce6c46ba66afb98d278fbd/content.htm

If i need to specify the sender , Receiver infirmation , Do i need to use Header Mapping?

In usual cases, the answer would be No. Idoc adapter of XI automatically populates the sender and receiver name headers.

There is another option of populating the sender or receiver name. That is through payload. If you want to perform that, you may use the option at receiver communication channel, "Apply control records value from payload". In this case Only, the EDI_DC40 values will be populated from payload.

Why we will disable the EDIDC_40 record?

As I explained, in normal cases, whether you pass the control record data in payload or not, it doesn't matter. Disabling the segment will ensure that this data is not passed after mapping step.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Why we will disable the EDIDC_40 record?

to get some values populeted automatically

have a look at my blog to understand:

>>If i need to specify the sender , Receiver infirmation , Do i need to use Header Mapping?

in idoc receiver adapter there are two sections :

Take Sender from Payload

Take Receiver from Payload

that can help you in setting those (so you don't need to set up

header mapping) but you need to fill edi_dc40 (SNDPRN, SNDPRT, RCVPRN, and RCVPRT) for that

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com - XI/PI FAQ

Edited by: Michal Krawczyk on Dec 14, 2008 8:45 AM