cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Availability Date of Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

An issue 1 :

There is material which is GATP relevant and stock is available in APO and R3.When GATP check is performed MAD Date is shown as Current Day +1,where as it should be Current Day only.And this issue happens on Friday only i.e GATP returns Current day as MAD day on other than friday.

An issue 2 :

There are Sales Order already created for a material sat mat1 with availability check code "ZF" in MRP3 tab of material master.The MAD has already been calculated with existing settings through GATP functionality.

What is required that change the availability check code in MRP3 tab of material master to "ZB" and re-check the availability of the already created sales orders in R3.

But what we understand since Sales Order already created for Availability check code "ZF",new changed "ZB" will not impact the ATP check.

An issue 3 ;

What are the settings influence the calulations of MAD in APO and R3.

Is there any way this can be achieved.

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

First, you will always get better responses in this forum if you enter one issue per post. Many people are unwilling to respond to a multi-question posting.

Issue 1. There are dozens of factors that can contribute to a Material Availability date in APO. Are you using RBA? Allocation? ATP against a forecast? CTP? Transportation Scheduling? etc etc etc......

The most likely reason is that you have an issue with with valid workdays in one of the calendars that affect your GATP check.

Issue 2 - This is mostly an R/3 issue. The practice you call out (change the MM ATP checking group and re-atp the order) is only supported by SAP in a limited way. The easiest way I have found to do this is to open the sales order, remove the plant from the item, and then save the order. Make your changes to the MM. Wait until the MM changes get to SCM. Now, re-open the sales order, and re-enter the plant. If you are lucky, the sales order will re-read the updated MM data, and re-atp the order in SCM using the updated SCM data. Now, re-save the sales order.

By the way, don't think that you can now blithely change the ATP checking group in R/3 back to the old value. You will face additional problems in delivering and shipping the order later. The process I described should only be used to correct an existing MM error.

Also, be aware that any ATP checking group beginning with a 'Z' has been customized for your company. You should contact the local SD expert to see what changes your company had made for these ZD and ZB groups.

Issue 3 - GATP is a large module in SCM. There are many types of checks. Each one has it's own items that can affect MAD (generation of MAD is the prime output of GATP). I couldn't possibly cover them all in a single posting. The standard SAP overview class for GATP is 3 days, and this class doesn't go into much detail. I strongly recommend that you consult with your local GATP functional expert, or consider hiring an expert GATP consultant if you wish to proceed with your development of APO GATP.

Good luck!

Regards,

DB49.

Answers (0)