SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transition to oil and gas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am presently an sap security consultant working in fortune 100 company. I am planning to shift myself to SAP oil and gas module. What are the requirement that I need to have to undergo this change. Can you guys suggest me how to go about this transition. Do i need to have a strong knowledge in FI for getting into oil and gas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It really depends on which area in the Oil & Gas that you can contribute on. There are various areas in the Oil & Gas module which integrates with other core module such as FICO, SD, MM etc.

Hence, as a start you could perhaps join on board with a Oil & Gas company and start-off there.

There are various areas in the IS-OIL module, and it is not necessarily that you would need to be knowledgable in FI to get there.

Rgds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It really depends on which area in the Oil & Gas that you can contribute on. There are various areas in the Oil & Gas module which integrates with other core module such as FICO, SD, MM etc.

Hence, as a start you could perhaps join on board with a Oil & Gas company and start-off there.

There are various areas in the IS-OIL module, and it is not necessarily that you would need to be knowledgable in FI to get there.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Well with your SAP Security background, you can shift to SAP IS Oil, tech/functionl, but also depends on the domin area where you have worked.

If you have a overview of the functional area and if you can comprehend the business flow, then i would say can contibute in SAP IS Oil mudules, it would be more advantage to if you know both technical and functional area.

Haveing said that you can decide which area to would pick up, as SAP IS oil comes with many modules such as HPM, MOC, TSW, EXCHANGE, TD, etc which has a significant combination of core modules of SAP.

It does not require strong Finance background to get transition. if you the basic busines flow it is helpful.

Best Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are still going to be a security analyst with IS-OIL, there is not all that much difference except you will be workiing with lots of new tables. Conveniently, almost all start with OI, so they are easy to identify.

Also, there is a big difference between IS-OIL 4.6 and 6.0. In 6.0, IS-OIL is a lot like FICO in that it is built in and just needs to be activated as opposed to 4.6 where IS-OIL is an AOP.