cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where in I have to delete multiple activities from a network using a Z transaction and then renumber the existing activity numbers.

For deleting the activities, currently I have used BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN with method u2018DELETEu2019. But for renumbering of the activity numbers I am not

Sure how to do that.

When I delete activities using this BAPI, I see that it is just setting the Deletion flag for that activity as u2018Xu201D and the activity number still exist in the database.

Because of this I understand that I cannot reuse the same activity number. Also in BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN I see that we can update the details for activity

Using I_ACTIVITY_UPDATE parameter. But even with this I donu2019t think we can change only activity details but not activity number.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve the functionality of deleting and renumbering for my requirement? Appreciate your quick response on this.

Please let me know if I am not clear in explaining my requirement.

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think sequence is you need to renumber the activity first and then delete that activity. Instead of using BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN, you can use batch input in the Z program or you can create your own BAPI (for renumbering) with batch input inside the BAPI.

Hope this helps.