cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key fields for creating a correlation are initial :Error in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My scenario is a idoc to file with BPM. I'm collecting all IDOCs in the BPM where the correlation field is MANDT of the control record of the IDOC. This is currently in production . Till day before yesterday, it was working fine. But we had some database space issues. We resolved that and reprocessed the idocs. But the idocs got stuck in the wait step of the BPM and no further processing was happening. I tried running the workitem manually using SWIA following which the BPM went in error stating "Key fields for creating a correlation are initial" for the wait step that was processed manually.

What does this mean and how should i resolve it?

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly.

Edited by: Merrilly Mathew on Dec 13, 2008 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. got the solution. Had to activate everything in swf_xi_customizing.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that your correlation instance was not initialized with the reprocesses message. Deleting the earlier open instance entries from SWWL could work but one thing I would like to point out is that deleting entries through SWWL would mean the complete loss of corresponding data and then no restart option would be available. I think somewhere you will have to compromise.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried deleting all the workitems. now a new set of idocs have come in and all of them are still in the BPM and the last one is in the wait mode. How do I get to reprocess these idocs. This scenario worked perfectly in all the environments till recently. Now we're facing this problem. The correlation value for MANDT is right. it gets it. In the container step, the all the idocs have been appended except the last. Can't understand whats the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In sxmb_moni -> Click on outbound status column -> PE. You will see where exactly workflow stops.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw it.. n it stops at the last loop (according to the number of idocs coming in) of the container with a wait step without proceeding to append the idoc.

Regards,

Merrilly

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some problem with last idoc data. Please check again. If possible send another idoc and see if it works.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've tried doing that. But i don't think its the problem with the idoc data as its always the last idoc that gets stuck.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please throw some light in this area

Regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly

Whats the number of messages you are trying to collect. Did you checked for the maximum number of workflow/sub workflow items before triggering manually with SWIA.

Check with SFPA for the number of workflow items. As you said it was working fine with production.

Manually triggering can be the reason for correlation not initialized. Check as i said above and run the process again with increased wait time.

Thanks

Gaurav

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you changed in thing BPM ? Delete your previous intance using TCode SWWL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Merrilly,

Did u check the field MANDT has any value?

Error says,MANDT is initial --no value in it.

Thanks

Prabhakar