Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Basis activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Question 1

I have installed the CPRXRPM 400 ABAP component on ECC 6.0 for using the cProjects 4.0 Suite (cProjects 4.0 and cFolders 4.0). [Note: only cProjects and cFolders are to be used, no xRPM]

Is that mandatory to install the CPRXRPM 400 UI component too on the same ? If yes, why it is required ?

(As per the master guide of PPM 4.00, ABAP component is mandatory and UI component is not mandatory for cProjects and cFolders. In which circumstances we need to have UI component ?)

Question 2

What are the mandatory components to be installed to implement cProjoects 4.0 and cFolders 4.0 ?

What are the non-mandatory but highly suggested components for the same ? And for what reason are they recommended ?

Full Points on useful answer

Thanks and regards,

Nishit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer 1

For cProjects and cFolders you need not use UI Compnent i.e CPRXRPM_UI
if you want to use xRPM then that component is deployed on EP.
Also if you want to use cProjects in EP using single sign on then you can go for
Business package PPMDC.
CPRXRPM_UI is required only for accessing xRPM

Answer 2

The Only Mandatory component to install is CPRXRPM (ofcourse ABAP)

Niranjan

Points welcome if useful info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for your answer.

Will it create any conflict if the UI component is also installed?

If UI is not there, how can we access and use the gantt chart function of cProjects?

Regards,

Nishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to use cProjects / xRPM using single sign on in EP then UI component is required.

Else it is not mandatory for cProjects.

Even if you install UI component, you wont have any prob however you wont be using it.

Also for accessing Gantt chart in cProjects, you dont need UI component. It is based on JAVA. So if u cant see Gantt chart install JAVA RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT (JRE).

Rgds,

Niranjan

Points welcome if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

1. I have installed the JRE also, but I am still not able to see the Gantt chart.

2. I am not able to create the Approval document and Status report though its properly configured in back-end. Is that also related with it ? As per my understanding the ADS needs to be installed for that, which i have still not installed, any resouce-link from where i can download and install the ADS.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit,

maybe I can contribute to/clarify your questions

1. I have installed the JRE also, but I am still not able to see the Gantt chart.

This JRE has to be installed on your PC/laptop as the Gantt chart is a Java-applet that is executed locally on your machine and not on the back-end/cProjects system.

2. ... any resouce-link from where i can download and install the ADS.

As for your second question regarding the ADS, as ADS expands to Adobe Document Server I think Adobe is good place to start.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already installed JRE on my PC, but gantt chart is not showing.

One of my query is regarding CPRXRPM UI Component too. What is the utility of UI component within cProjects (please note xRPM is not in use)

For ADS, I have explored in the adobe.com but what I understood from there is ADS is now replaced by Adobe LiveCycle® ES. Can you provide me the resouce-link from where i can get ADS downloaded.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Answers (0)