cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing reletaed concern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a billing document for a service sales order.

The problem is that the sales order for a specific customer was not captured in the month of October/ November.

So, a SO will be created in December month and subsequent billing would be done for services rendered in the month of October / November. Now the billing date would be any day in the month of december as period is closed for the previous months.

So, my question is that, would the accounting document that would be created in December month have any adverse effect on any of the Financial trnsaction / reports?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christino,

You should create service order with service rendered date (October / November date). But, billing date should be current month date. Then you do not face any error while doing billing document. I mean, system will create accounting document automatically.

Accounting document that would be created in December month have NOT any adverse effect on any of the financial transaction / reports.

Chandramohan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ronaldo,

As per my knowledge,

The service rendered date will effect on the pricing of the billing(if there is any changes from October to December),sytem will pick the price based on service rended date , which price you are maintaining on that that price will get pick.

Account document will be generate based on which date you post the billing to document.

Better to first simulate same process in the Development system then proceed accordingly.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

As the Invoice date is in December, in all the standard reports the Invoice would be recorded in December reports.

Alternatively, if your Company Policy allows, Open the FI period of October or November 2008 thru T-Code OB08 & post the Invoice on required date.

After posting the Invoice, close the period immediatelty

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta